Kekkon Shoya no Deathloop Chapter 5



Chapter 5 Loop 2-1



「No!!」


I yelled with all my might. It was already late into the night. Both the ceremony and the party were over. This was the only time I had left to resist.

...A-Aiya?

I was desperately holding onto the pillar. Wasn't I supposed to be in the master bedroom... Eh?


「Lady Katrea!」


A strong force pulled at me from behind and plucked me off from the pillar. 
As I suddenly let go of the pillar, coupled with the maids desperately tugging at me, we all tumbled to the ground with my fall being cushioned by the maids behind me. There was the sound of something cracking coming from underneath me. 


「L-Lady Katrea! Please do not let go so suddenly!」

「A-Ah, sorry.」


I hurried off the maids and checked my body. 
It doesn't hurt. Nor was there a whole in the dress. And of course, no blood.

——Just what the on earth is happening?
I was clinging onto the pillar but was forcefully removed by Brother Tris who heard the commotion. And I was taken to the master bedroom just like that. After being thrown into the room, I was stabbed in my chest and abdomen...

Was that a daydream? Did I just see the future? Or was it just a delusion?

Based on my memories, the scene before me took place just slightly before I was stabbed. There's no way for a situation, as unusual as me clinging onto a pillar, to occur multiple times. I don't think I misunderstood anything.


「T-Theresa, don't you find it strange? Don't you have this strange feeling that time had rewound itself?」

「What are you talking about? Are you still not completely awake from your nap?」


Theresa frowned at me. I couldn't sense any lie or deception from her words. 
With the exception of me, no one appeared perplexed by the situation. 

...I'm not too sure what was happening exactly, but I could still vividly remember the coldness that cuts through my skin and the burning pain spreading throughout my body.


「Ow ow ow...」


One of the maids, Ines, was still seated on the floor, holding onto her ankle with her brows furrowed. It seemed like she had twisted her ankle from the impact. 


「Are you alright, Ines?」

It was Petra who looks down at Ines with concern.


「Geez, it only because you wore shoes you're unaccustomed to that you sprained your foot.」

「I wanted to wear something new for the wedding...」

「And so you wore those high-heeled leather shoes... Aren't they a little too aggressive?」


Listening to the conversation between these two young ladies, they seemed close. Perhaps it was because they were close in age. 


「I'm sorry, are you okay?」


I approached Ines and reached out to her ankle, wanting to check on it. But she hid it away and stood up.


「I'm fine, please don't mind it.」


She responded impassively, any trace of the friendliness she had with Petra was gone. Ah, I was completely being hated.


「It looks like you've calmed down. Shall we get ready? We shouldn't leave His Grace waiting for too long.」


I was feeling a little sad, when the older maid, Harie, grabbed on my slightly slouched shoulders and directed me to the dresser. She began brushing my hair while exuding an aura that left no room for any rebuttals. 
Seeing the chance, Petra and Ines also swooped in and started applying lipstick and perfume on me. 

It was different from the dream(?) I just saw.
The last time, I was carried to the master bedroom by Brother Tris without finishing my preparations. But this time, I was getting my hair done up by the maids as they prepped me with some perfume.
Was that memory just a delusion my mind concocted due to my strong disdain for this marriage?
Glancing at the door, there didn't seem to be any signs of brother barging in.


「You're suddenly so well-behaved. Just, what is going on?」


Theresa watched me through the mirror. She looked seriously worried for me, just like in the dream. 


「Seriously, after such a wonderful wedding ceremony, what are you dissatisfied about?」

「Rather than dissatisfaction... Erhm...」


The words weren't coming out properly. Like my brain didn't start up properly and wasn't functioning well. There were too many things I didn't understand and not knowing what to say, I ended up opening and closing my mouth like a fish. 


「It's just the marriage jitters right?」


In contrast to Harie and Ines, Petra spoke to me with familiarity right from the start. 


「I can kind of understand how you feel, Madam. Anyone would be nervous being married to a beautiful man like His Grace.」

「Petra.」


Harie gave Petra a stern look. Perhaps she was trying to tell Petra that a servant shouldn't comment too much and act so familiarly.
Petra shrunk away, but to me, even if what she said wasn't on the mark, I was glad that someone was speaking to me. The fear of not knowing what was reality faded a little...


「It's fine. More than that... erhm, is the Duke really waiting for me in the bedroom?」


Based on that dream, what awaited me wasn't that gorgeous husband but a man clad in black. 
...No, or maybe that was the Duke. In any case, I want to avoid that man as much as possible. 


「You'll know once you get there. Let's start moving over to the room, Madam.」


Harie made a rigid and forceful reasoning and prepared for me to leave without waiting for my reply.
Somehow, my face in the mirror had turned out surprisingly good. 


「...」


Despite being as unwilling as I was, I should make sure for myself. I need to confirm if that eerily realistic memory was just an illusion. I want to verify that this fear of mine is nothing more than a misunderstanding.


「I'll lead you there, Madam.」


It was Ines who offered, just like in the dream, but didn't she hurt her ankle. Harie remembered that as well as she shook her head.


「Your foot must hurt from earlier.」

「But」

「Then, let me!」


Petra raised her hand spiritedly. Well, that was a different development.

Although I was still swirling in a pool of fear and anxiety, I felt saved by this difference from my dream, however little it was. 

Previous || ToC || Next


Please feedback to me in the comments below if you find any typos or terrible grammar, etc that you think I should change. Or maybe you think my interpretation is completely off lol Help me help you have a better reading experience ahahah what a tongue twister XD
Thank yous!! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

You can support me by sending some love in the comments or through the button below


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post