Kekkon Shoya no Deathloop Chapter 4



Chapter 4 Loop 1-2



The Duke's castle was composed of 3 buildings: East Wing, Central Wing and a West Wing. My room was located on the 3rd floor of the West tower while the Duke's master bedroom was in the Central block. Just by passing through a corridor, climbing a flight of stairs and passing through another corridor, it took quite some time to get from my room to the Duke's. 

On our way there, we passed by some guards whose faces stiffened in shock when they saw Brother Tris carrying me under his arm. 

This is so embarrassing. Now I have one more reason for being unable to live in this castle. 


「Uwuuuu. Listen to me Brother Tris, that man... Duke Vrag seems to think of me as some convenient woman. There's no way I can become husband and wife with such an uncaring and insensitive person.」
「Don't cry, Perhaps, he'll be surprisingly doting to you. After all, he's a generous man who's willing to take in someone as stupid as you.」
「That's not the case! I heard everything! He called me an obedient and sturdy country bumpkin that's not all that bright.」
「Well, he got that right. Aren't you stupid and sturdy?」
(lilies: oml so mean AHAHAHAH)


「Although I don't know if you can be considered obedient.」Brother Tris added. 


Uwuu, that's so mean.


Trying to appeal to brother by telling him about my plight had no effect at all. Or rather, he even rebutted me with harsh words.


「...We've reached the master bedroom.」


Ines stopped in front of a large set of doors. Brother Tris nodded and then with a「There」he threw me like I was a sack of rice. Baltics really have no compassion for fellow Baltics. Brother Tris who was closest in age to me, was especially heartless to me. 


「Brother...」
「The Groom is waiting for you, hurry up inside.」
「...Won't you come in as well?」
「Quit joking around.」


Brother Tris blatantly twisted his face in disgust. 
It's not like I want to enter my partner's bedroom with my brother either. But I'm really unwilling to meet the Duke alone. 


「That's not possible, Madam. The only ones allowed in that room are His Grace and Madam. Even Lady Serenia is not allowed to enter the master bedroom.」


Ines shot me an extremely intense and stern look. I could sense that the impression the maids from the Vrag household had of me basically plummeted to 0. Just on the first day of me being here.

...It can't be helped, I'll just have to confront him directly. 


Since you called my parents bandits, I'll show you the meaning of barbaric.


With my heart set, I entered through the door. The moment I let go of the door, it slammed shut with a loud thud! The entrance was sealed. 
It was pitch-black and silent inside the room. And the air was chilly. 
Due to the coldness, any courage I had gathered withered away. 


「E-Erhm


I slowly moved deeper into the room. In the dark, I could see a bed three times the size of my parents' bed. 

The face of the room could be seen from the window as the curtains swayed ever so slightly in the moonlight. 


「Duke, Sir... my stomach isn't feeling too well today...」


I called out, but received no reply. Did he fall asleep while waiting for me?
Well, that's great. If that's the case, please stay asleep until morning comes.

With that thought in mind, I turned on my heels and decided to leave. If I said that my husband was sleeping, then they shouldn't blame me for returning to my room early, right?

The moment that thought crossed my mind——

I felt something cold pierce through my abdomen. Then the area became hot.
The same feeling spread through my chest.


「Ah...」


As the heat spread across my entire body, it was only when my body collapsed on the floor, that I registered the pain from being stabbed.


「W-Why...」


I questioned as pain and blood burst forth. 


Why was I stabbed? Who on earth stabbed me?


I somehow moved my head such that I could look above me. 
My vision grew increasingly blurry and all I saw was a black figure with a gleaming blade. 

Once again, the blade swung down on me with a cruel glint.

And my consciousness was cut off.

Previous || ToC || Next


Please feedback to me in the comments below if you find any typos or terrible grammar, etc that you think I should change. Or maybe you think my interpretation is completely off lol Help me help you have a better reading experience ahahah what a tongue twister XD
Thank yous!! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

You can support me by sending some love in the comments or through the button below


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post