Kekkon Shoya no Deathloop Chapter 9



Chapter 9 Loop 3-2



Brother Tris’ room was on the second floor, one floor below mine.  From the design of the hallway and the doors which lined them, it seemed like the layout of the room wasn’t that much different from the third floor.


「Brother, it’s Katrea. I have something to tell you; can you let me in?」 


I knocked on the door and called out inside but there was no answer. When I tried to open the door, it was locked. 

I leaned my ear against the door but I couldn’t hear anything from inside.
Brother Tris would always snore terribly loudly whenever he fell asleep from drinking too much. If I can’t hear anything and there’s no reply from him—— 


「Bro-ther -Tr-is!! It’s Rea! Are you there? Are you not there? Answer me now!」


I banged on the door impatiently with both hands. I could see that Ines who was standing next to me was shocked by my sudden behaviour but I couldn’t care less right now.


「Please! Please, open the door! Hey!!」
「Shut up!」


A deep roar came from inside the room.
My hands froze in mid-air from shock. Then, the double door opened and a familiar face popped up——it was Brother Tris. 

I seemed to have gone to the wrong room.
(lilies: I'm kinda confused too cos wasn't she looking for her brother in the first place?)

I rushed up to him and checked that there were no injuries whatsoever on his burly body. 


「T-Thank goodness. You’re alive, Brother Tris…」 
「What’s good, you idiot.」


Bonk! A fist landed on my head. Ah! How can he suddenly do something like that!


「What are you doing here, making a big fuss in the middle of the night? This whole area is used to house the guests, are you planning on embarrassing yourself in front of all the wedding guests?」  
「Now is not the time to be worrying about that! I have something important to——」

When I tried to answer with fervour, he grabbed my head and forcefully dragged me into the room, leaving a bewildered Ines outside as the doors slammed shut.
 
Then, another fist landed on my head.


「It hurts!!」
「Didn’t I tell you to shut up! … What are you doing here? What happened to your groom?」 
「Ah, who cares about that man. Anyway, let's sit down and talk first.」 


I lock the door from the inside, just in case. I then pushed aside my brother’s muscles and walked further into the room.
The room was about the same size as mine.  There was a fireplace and a small set of table and chairs near it.  On the table was a few bottles of alcohol and some empty glasses, and on the chair… sat a beautiful blond young man.

Eh? Ehh?


「H-Hello, Ms. Bride.」


The beautiful young man appeared rather surprised to see me as he greeted me with a stiff smile.
I’ve seen this man before. I’m pretty sure… Oh right, he’s the man standing next to the strong-looking gentleman at the party.  I remember him because he’s handsome.


「I’m sorry for all the fuss, my stupid sister suddenly came barging in.」 


Brother Tris grabbed me by my head and gave me a noogie; my hair which Harie worked so hard to comb was ruined in no time.  


「Brother, who is this?」
「The groom’s friend, a knight, Sir Leisel Rosso」 


I hurriedly bowed at my brother’s urging.
Sir Leisel also got to his feet and bowed with a hand on his chest.


「Leisel Rosso. Your husband, Crusseld, and I have known each other since childhood, we’ve also learnt the sword together. I apologise I didn’t get to greet you during the day.」  

His voice was calm and beautiful.
I wonder if friends of a handsome man are also handsome, hmm… When I first saw the Duke, I was blown away by his good looks. but this man is also very good looking. The two of them wielding swords together must be a divine sight to behold.


「U-Uh… why are you in my brother’s room, Sir Leisel?」 
「You idiot. This is Sir Leisel’s room.」 
「Huh?」
「Your brother and I got on very well at the party, so I invited him to my room after the party to chat some more」 
「I see…」


Ah, how embarrassing. If that’s the case, then didn’t I barge into the room of a man I had just met for the first time?
And as it was, although Sir Leisel was smiling at me, he was also looking at me with a confused expression on his face.


「You’ve been rampaging upstairs, haven’t you?」


Brother Tris said out of nowhere.


「This room seems to be directly under yours; I could hear you screaming and kicking up a big fuss.」 


Hiee! That’s so embarrassing! 

Come to think of it, I do faintly recall Brother Tris saying that he could hear my screaming all the way from downstairs in the first loop.
In fact, he was the one who came to my room himself in the first loop because he heard the ruckus I was making. In other words, he’s in no danger at this point in time. I was worried for nothing just now.


「Geez, I was already steaming at all the noise you were making and now you’ve even barged into the room…」 
「Isn’t it good to have such a lively sister?」


There it is, lively. When I was a child, the adults would often tell me「Wow, Katrea is so lively」 When I was young, I thought that they were really complimenting me so I acted even livelier, but now that I’m older, I finally come to realise what it really meant.
In short, it’s because I have no other redeeming qualities that they could praise so they could only comment on my liveliness.

This is kinda depressing.


「Sir Leisel, I think let’s call it a day here. Also, if you don’t mind, would you like to swap rooms with me?」  
「Eh?」


Brother Tris held out a key and Sir Leisel received it with a puzzled look on his face. 


「This room has become quite a mess due to my visit; moreover, it’s terribly noisy here. I haven’t used the room prepared for me yet so you can use it.」  
「Oh, no, you don’t have to worry about that, I’m fine here.」 
「I get it, I get it, but please give this room to me. I won’t be able to sleep in the other room for worry that this idiot is going to be a nuisance to others.」  
「I see…」


Perhaps it was because Sir Leisel was of a more reserved nature, he shook his head at the suggestion at first, but he eventually took the key at my brother’s urging. I feel so sorry that he had to change rooms because of me that I can’t even look him in the face anymore.


「I sincerely apologise for this, Sir Leisel. I’ll see you tomorrow.」 
「Ah ah, I had a good time today, Lord Hartris. See you tomorrow.」  
「I’m sorry! Good night!」

This was originally Sir Leisel’s room. I repeatedly apologised to him inside my heart and as I saw him off.

When Sir Leisel opened the door, I caught a glimpse of Ines’ figure waiting in the hallway.
Oh, her eyes are completely glued onto Sir Leisel. She is a girl of her age after all.

While those thoughts went through my mind, as soon as the door closed, a fist swung straight down on my head.


「Ow! This is the third time!」
「Shut it, you idiot.」


I rubbed my bruised head and glared at my brother.


「Really, just what on earth are you here for?」


I would like to protest a little more about him hitting his little sister on her head three times but this was my chance to get to the point.
I took a deep breath and spoke my thoughts clearly.


「Brother Tris, I’m going to be murdered by the Duke!」 
「…Huh?」
「Believe it or not, but the Duke finds me a hindrance and is going to stab me to death with his sword in his bedroom. So please, help me, Brother! Let's go and strike down the enemy together! Let’s fight back!」 
「Don't shout out your plans to assassinate your husband!」


Bonk.
Down came another fist. It’s the fourth one already. This is horrible.
This pitiful body of mine that had already been murdered twice now has to bear with the cruel blows from my own family.


「I’m the one who’s going to be assassinated…」
「Cut the jokes. Who the hell has been telling you these kinds of things?」 
「That’s…」


The words were stuck in my throat.
I can't say that I've been killed twice already and this is the third time in a loop.
My brother is the kind of person who only trusts his own muscles, he won’t believe in a story that sounds so out of this world. If I tell him the truth, he’ll just say that I’ve lost my mind and that he’s going to fix it for me. If that were to happen, he would probably fix it by hitting it a few times.  

Even if I know that that’s going to happen, I don’t have anyone else to turn to; I have no choice but to rely on my brother.
So I tried my best to look as serious as I could to convey my desperation, and I looked my brother straight in the eye.


「I know this all sounds crazy and I know I’m being selfish, but I’m not lying. Brother, please look at my eyes and believe in me!」   


He looked at me with a half surprised and half annoyed expression.
Then, he sighed deeply as if to say「Good grief!」

Previous || ToC || Next


Please feedback to me in the comments below if you find any typos or terrible grammar, etc that you think I should change. Or maybe you think my interpretation is completely off lol Help me help you have a better reading experience ahahah what a tongue twister XD
Thank yous!! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

You can support me by sending some love in the comments or through the button below


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

1 Comments

  1. This is a super interesting novel! Thank you for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post