Kekkon Shoya no Deathloop Chapter 1



Chapter 1 Loop 0-1



The ceiling of the church was so terribly high that I had to strain my neck to look up at it.

The stained glass that resembled flower petals filled the walls. The aisle from the entrance to the altar was shone down on by various colours like red, white and green that resembled that of precious gems.


I’ll be walking on that path?


It just felt so surreal, as I turned to look at Father who scolded me, 「Keep your eyes to yourself.」

This was the holy church located near the Royal Capital. It’s one of the oldest structures in the country and boasts some of the most beautiful architecture. It’s become customary for people to hold their weddings there. This was also a famous tourist spot with hoards tourists visiting the place daily. I once wished to visit this church and admire its gorgeous rose window at least once in this lifetime.

But now, I didn’t have the time to properly take in my surroundings.

Anyway, today is the day of the wedding between me, Katrea Baltic, and His Excellency, Duke Crusseld Vrag.

At the other end of the aisle——at the altar, the Duke and the Bishop were already standing there, waiting for me.


「Don’t drag your feet!」


Father said again in a harsh tone. He could at least be kinder to me on the day of my wedding.
...As those thoughts crossed my mind, I quickened my footsteps and caught up to Father. Even though I was walking the Virgin Road1 I longed for, for some reason, I’m not as excited as I thought I would be.

When we reached the main altar, Father immediately left me and moved to the side. And in turn, the Duke took my hand in his.

Silky silver hair and clear blue eyes, he had a stunning side profile to die for.
Seeing the Duke’s sculpted beauty up close caused a strange「hou~」to escape my lips.
This was the second time I’ve had the honour of being graced by the presence of this breathtaking man. By the way, the first time was just this morning.
And the union between is was only made official three weeks ago. Hm? This was much too fast? I think so too.

It was a month ago when the Baltic family, a family of warriors that were borderline barbarians, received a marriage offer from the Duke.
I don’t know why either, but one day, Father suddenly called for me and asked「Do you want to marry Duke Vrag?」I replied「Yes」and the marriage was set. Even the date of the wedding ceremony was decided.

Although my family were considered nobles, we were only a minor noble family from an obscure place with no assets or special status. Therefore, there’s nothing to gain from marrying me. So I had thought that even if I got married one day, it’ll be to those old men with a few kids from previous marriages.
Which was why, when the opportunity to marry a splendid young Duke, I agreed without a second thought. I’m sure anyone would have made the same choice.

However, this Duke in question appeared reluctant to be in this marriage. During our first meeting, he didn’t look me in the eye. He even furrowed his brows with a stern expression on his face.

He didn’t respond when I tried to make small talk with him, only giving indifferent answers like「Oh」 from time to time.
Thanks to that, any interest I had died.

However, it’s often said that good-looking men were beyond criticism.
Despite being slightly hurt by his cold attitude, my heart couldn’t help but pound when I stood by his side.

Maybe it’s because I’m too used to seeing my brothers wandering around the house half-naked with their muscles exposed. Seeing the Duke who’s like a prince straight out of a fairytale, my maiden heart was awakened.


「Bride, do you solemnly swear?」
「Yes?」


Being spoken to out of nowhere, I accidentally responded in a silly voice.
Coming back to my sense, I realised that the Bishop was staring straight at me. The Duke was also looking down at me with an expression that read「What are you doing?」

Looks like it was my turn to say my vows. I was completely engrossed in my thoughts and didn’t notice.


「Yes, I swear!」


Anyway, let’s just answer it first.


「You may now seal your marriage with a kiss.」


The Bishop urged like he wanted this to be over already.

I looked up at the Duke as the cool beauty closed in, seemingly unhappy.


...Aiya?


I didn’t feel anything on my lips. Just a light graze on my cheek.
Even though it was a kiss to seal our marriage, he just gave me a light peck on my cheek


Ah… I feel a little hurt.


「Then, allow us to congratulate their union with an applause.」


At the words of the Bishop, the few attendees began to applaud us.
Turning around, I saw Father with a troubled expression on his face and Brother Tris bite back a yawn.


——
Somehow my wedding ceremony had ended with me feeling slightly disappointed.

ToC || Next


1. Just as mentioned by one of the comments, it means wedding aisle. Sorry it slipped my mind that not everyone knows what it is (>人<;)

Gah I'm so bad with romaji names

Please feedback to me in the comments below if you find any typos or terrible grammar, etc that you think I should change. Or maybe you think my interpretation is completely off lol Help me help you have a better reading experience ahahah what a tongue twister XD
Thank yous!! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

You can support me by sending some love in the comments or through the button below


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

3 Comments

  1. Like!!! Thank you for updating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks quite interesting! thank so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the chapter! correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that バージンロード means wedding aisle I think, you're probably right though

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post