Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-16



Chapter 2-16

Time to say goodbye~~ ♪(´ε` )


「......What's wrong?」

「This is not done by me! Look!」

Taking a closer look, in her hands was the amulet that was stuck to the door handle just now. It was a light brown crystal. Wrapping her hands around the crystal, it started to glow and burst open. The resulting backlash she suffered caused her hands to swell, turning bright red.

「It's not me.」

Her blue eyes stared straight into my own. 
I finally understood that it was not ojou who stuck that amulet, but someone else. Someone else who wanted to harass the Beastmen squad. Ojou was not rejecting us. She didn't hate us. 
Once that clicked in my head, it was like something had snapped. Tears started to fall from my eyes.

「I'm sorry......I-I thought......」

I thought that you hated me. 
The pain felt like something had pierced through my chest. And my tears continued to rain down. I couldn't seem to stop them. 

「Crap. I-I should go......」

I intended to leave immediately but my hand was caught. Just as I thought she was pulling on my hand, I was caught in her tight embrace. 

「It's alright, Ryuse-san. I won't hate you for no reason. Everything is fine.」

She said as she stroked my head. What a gentle voice. Because of this, more tears burst forth beyond my control. 
No one has ever said this to me. Nor has anyone done this to me.

「You can stay here, Ryuse-san.」

「......Un......」

I tapped Ojou's arm with my tail, for her to let go of me. 
It was too embarrassing to face her. In the end, I still turned my face away from her.

「I want to head back first......」

「I understand. Please come back later with everyone else. It's a promise.」

「Un, promise......」

Ojou smiled kindly at me as she spoke. That smile caused my heart to become unsettled. 

「Please take your time......Meanwhile, I'll go have a talk with the culprit. They've ticked me off.」
(lilies: I think we can all guess what's going to happen...)

「Eh?」

Her expression and atmosphere changed abruptly. It gave me a shock as the temperature around her dropped.

「The culprit is probably the coffeeshop owner from the neighbouring city. Didn't he bring me an anti-beast amulet before? However, the amulet was destroyed by Shize-san. This scent......it's probably the lingering scent of his cologne. I can't forgive him for attaching this amulet on his own accord and hurting my friends. I will make that clear to him.」

At that time, I had noticed the artificial smell as well. But in my anger, I didn't realise until now.

「O-Oh......I understand......」

So ojou could get angry too? What a surprise. What a surprising sight of her I didn't know before. 
Then, I told her goodbye and decided to head back. 
Ah ah, that was really bad.

「Tadaima——

When I got home, I headed to the common room. Only Chise and Shize were around. Chise was in deep sleep, snoring loudly, Shize opened his eyes and cast a brief look at me. 

「Hmm? Why are you back, Ryuse?」

Sena entered the common room with a book in hand. Recently, he seemed to be having excited discussions about that book with ojou. Boring. 

「Ah, that. There was an anti-beast amulet at ojou's cafe......」

I gave a vague reply. I definitely won't tell you about me crying. 
Hearing my words, Sena frowned.

「Ah? Who would pull something like that?」

Sena instantly knew that it wasn't ojou who did that. How not interesting at all. 

「She said that the culprit was the owner of a cafe from a neighbouring town. You know, the really smelly guy. Ojou said she would go have a talk with him so we can take our time.」

I sank into the sofa as I told him. Sena's expression changed.

「Wait a minute, this......」

With a deep, hair-raising voice, Sena said.

「Isn't this a trap to lure Rhonya? Any ordinary person would not think of harassing us for fear of our retaliation. Isn't this a trap set by the demon!?」
(lilies: as expected of our resident mama sena)

「!!」

The demon should be sealed. However, the Spirit and Laclain kept emphasising that they needed to be alert, not to be careless. 

No way......

I jumped up at once while Sena woke Chise up. When I turned around, Shize was already on his feet.

「Call Laclain!」

Heeding that stern command, Sena flew out of the house to call for the mythical beast. The next moment, strong winds like that of a tornado began to blow, countless feathers flying in the air. 

「Where is it!」

From the wind, a deep harrowing voice resounded. Inside the strong winds was a giant bird, but you couldn't see his whole appearance. He seemed to know why he was called.

「Rhonya might be caught in a trap. She's at a cafe in a neighbouring town, the location is......」

Cutting Sena short, Laclain bellowed.

「I get it. Hold on tight, I won't retrieve you if you fall!」

Out of the blue, something appeared before us and we grabbed onto it. To be honest, the winds were too strong for us to see anything. However, it was probably best to do as Laclain says for now. 

I will save ojou for sure. As per our promise, I'm coming with everyone, ojou.


3 Relaxing after the trap

McWay-san was most likely the culprit who hurt Ryuse-san. He's a good-looking man who owned a cafe in the neighbouring town. Although he often came to persuade me to work for him, he had stopped coming ever since the Beastmen squad came. 

Nevertheless, this harassment was too much. I doubt he can even come to imagine the pain the Beastmen squad has gone through. What he did to my friends was unforgivable. I hope that he would not get involved with us anymore. 

I ran to the edge of town. After making sure that there wasn't anyone around, I activated floating magic and made my way to the neighbouring town. I found an area with little human-traffic and landed before heading for Mcway-san's cafe. 

I eventually arrived and entered the cafe large than my own. The interior of the shop was lined with white coloured tables with wine glasses decorating the tabletop. But for some reason, it was empty, not even a single cafe staff could be seen. Although I could see Mcway-san's figure with his back to me, I couldn't approach him. 

Ah ah, I messed up.

I was within a magical field. One filled with evil dark magic. 

A sudden wave of dizziness hit me as I tried my hardest to keep my eyes opened. During this time, a woman appeared. With the world spinning around me, I couldn't get a good look of the face, but I knew who it was.

I tried to take out the amethyst from my pocket with my hands that felt like they didn't belong to me. It slipped out of my hands, and in the end, I fell to the ground like the amethyst.

「I. Caught. You~」

Pitch black long hair tied into twin-tails and a black dress. It was the demon. The demon strutted over in their jet-black boots and straddled me.

「You got careless, didn't you? I was well-prepared and made countermeasures against sealing magic. Besides, you've regressed. I found out your location quite awhile back. Did you know? It was precisely because you erected that huge a barrier around the entire town that you completely exposed yourself to the demon? Seeking you out was too easy. Seducing the owner of this shop was all the more so!」

The demon Belzeta, who was in their female form, giggled happily. They mystified Mcway-san with their figure and manipulated him into putting the amulet.

「Those beasts are the safe haven where your heart could be at ease. Did they get hurt, thinking that you were rejecting them? You got too carried away. How unbecoming of you.」

Once again, I was hit with the realisation of my own immaturity. In this dark magical field, even the blessing of the protection magic was for naught. In addition, I couldn't speak or move my body. There was nothing I could do.

「Ah, I'm so excited! That beautiful heart of yours is finally going to be tainted by my magic. Oh, my angel!」

Darkness gradually invaded my vision. Little by little, I could feel myself being eroded away. 

The demon was laughing. They looked really happy. 
Then, I felt like I heard a thunderous roar. 
Someone was calling my name from afar. 
In the next instant, the demon was blown away.
I could see feathers flickering around even with my blackened vision. It must have been Laclain.

Then, just to the side, I could see a black lion roaring with his fangs bared. I could hear someone calling to me amidst the mess of roars. But soon, everything became silent, everything went dark.


It was snowing that day.

Snow gently fell from the stagnant grey sky. It was a pure white snow that glowed faintly.
(lilies: what??)

「How did they?...... In such a place.」

From the window of the dorm, a demon could be seen standing by a tower. Since the school was protected by barriers, a being like them shouldn't have been able to make it in. And yet, there they were, in a snow-coloured cloak. They must have neutralised their evil magic to make it here.

「Seeing the snow made me want to see you. You're just like the snow. Aggravatingly pure.」
(lilies: am I the one who finds this surprisingly romantic?)

「If it annoys you, can't you just leave it be?」

A troubled smile formed on my face. Demons liked people who are easy to manipulate. Humans who were not blessed with magic or those who were easily consumed by negative emotions. However, I was neither of those.

「But I want to beat you. I want to defeat you no matter what.」

「Haven't I already won?」

「I don't want that! I'll keep challenging you. For a beautiful young girl to suddenly appear and defeat me while I was attacking the Spirit Forest with my army of monsters. As much as I was impressed by your ability to suppress me, I was also infuriated. You're too dazzling. That's why, I will challenge you over and over again like the despicable demon that I am. I will taint you」
(lilies: ngl more romantic than Schneider AHAHA)

The demon said with a smile, like a child inviting me to play with them. 

「If you want to be friends, why don't you just say so?」

「You and me? Friends? That's impossible!」

Belzeta burst out laughing while holding on to their sides. 

「You're like an angel while I am a demon. There's no way we can ever become friends!」

He couldn't stop laughing.

「Hey, become depraved, just like me.」

This was why they continued to hound me. In a demon's mind, only when you've become corrupted like them, then you could be friends. 

「If that's the case, then we'll never be friends, no matter how much time passes.」

The demon laughed at my words and said.

「Just try becoming a bad child~ All you have to do is to betray your family's expectations, even yawning in public is not bad. Isn't it tiring being a good child?」
(lilies: ok unironically, even the demon is better than all these shit people trying to suffocate Rhonya - her family, schneider)

「That sort of thing——

「You can't do it, right? That's why I'm going to corrupt you, to give you release. It's much more fun to be a bad kid.」

Belzeta happily danced around the tower. 

「I'll see you again, my angel.」

「Goodbye, please don't come here anymore, Demon Belzeta.」

「I~ Don't~ Want~ To~ No matter where you go, I'll keep chasing after you!」

From that day onwards, Belzeta started calling me 「Angel」.


——The chills from that snowy day gradually went away.

I felt like I was being wrapped in something warm. As I lifted my heavy lids, the first thing that entered my sight was a pair of amethyst eyes. It was Gray-sama, with his dark purple haired tied into a high ponytail. Further behind him, I saw the black lion, Shize-san leaning against the wall. On the sofa by the window, were the blue wolf, Chise-san, and the white cheetah, Ryuse-san. Everyone was in their half-beast form. Seems like I'm in my room.

「Rhonya!」

「Manager!」

I could hear their voices calling out to me, but my body felt too heavy to reply.

「How do you feel, Rhonya?」

「......」

Even if Gray-sama asked me that, I couldn't reply.

「Your body probably feels very sluggish. The demon took away your protection blessing and tried to corrupt you...... Thankfully you only suffered mild repercussions. I'm currently treating you with my magic. It'll take around 7 days. During this time, you'll feel lethargic and drowsy.」

I got up while thinking about what his words meant. As I did, several lotus fairies, Lotos, rolled off of me. You guys were laying on top of me, huh. I gave them an apologetic smile and helped them up. 

「......Rhonya. There are still some side effects. Just like being forced into treatment midway. A demon's magic can cause negative emotions to multiply. When your negative feelings increase, you'll be forced to sleep, in order to prevent the negativity in you from rising. In your case, your anger will not rise, but you can still feel fear and sorrow. Please take extra care and rest——

Gray-sama's voice sounded far away. 

I gently stroked the light green Lotos with my fingerpads. It felt good, they're felt soft, like marshmallows. I then poked at their armpits with my index fingers. And the Lotos started flapping their little arms like they were having lots of fun. Then, I started patting them in turn. 

「Rhonya, are you listening?」

Something tapped my back lightly. Looking behind me in a daze, I saw Laclain standing there. I think he tapped me with his wings. That pair of soft, warm and comfy wings. I snuggled up against Laclain. 
Ah, so warm. The feathers around my neck felt so fluffy and cosy. 

「Will you reply, Rhonya?」

「......Yes.」

I could only make out a sleepy voice. My eyelids felt heavy, like they're about to close. I feel like this might actually be a dream.

「Looks like she heard it.」

Gray-sama nodded at Laclained who looked surprised. 

「This will take a while, Rhonya. You should take a break...... O-Or do you want to recover at my place?」

「Harh!? How did it lead to that!」

I got a shock when Ryuse-san suddenly raised his voice.

「P-Please keep your voice down.」

After being scolded by Gray-sama, Ryuse-san's tail drooped downwards, dejectedly.

「I-I'm sorry, ojou.」

I gave him a smile to say that it was alright.


「......I'm really sorry, ojou. I shouldn't have let you go alone.」

「So, would you like to recuperate at my place, Rhonya?」

Gray-sama suggested once more, to which I responded by shaking my head weakly. 

「No, the store......」

「The store will be closed for a while. I forbid you from working while you're still recovering from the damage done by the demon. Naturally, the site where things went down is under purification......That shop has also incurred great damage so it'll probably stay closed for the time being.」

「......?」

I was wondering what he was talking about. Then, I finally remembered what happened. 
Ah, I see. I was saved by the Beastmen squad and Laclain. Gray-sama likely came right away as well. 

「Thank you for your help.」

I somehow managed to lift my upper body and bow my head deeply. But I soon fell back down again. Both my head and my body felt heavy. I really want to sleep. Is this the drowsiness? 

「What on earth, ojou is so cute.」

「Shut up, Ryuse.」

Sena-san tried to calm both Ryuse-san and Chise-san down as he looked over at me.

「What do you want to do, Rhonya?」

「I like it here. If it's not here......I don't want it.」

Gray-sama's house is in the capital. I can't go there. I don't want to go there. 
For some reason, tears started welling up and my eyes grew wet, causing Gray-sama to panic.

「C-Calm down, Rhonya. I get it. If you'll feel the safest here, we'll just rest here. However......you're not in a state where you can live alone and take care of yourself.」

「If that's the case, we can stay with her. I can be by her side all the time. You guys are not going to just leave Rhonya by herself, are you?」

Sena-san immediately caught onto what Laclain was saying and added.

「We can take care of her in the afternoon so Laclain can take a break then. Or we could take turns to take care of her. In the first place, we were used at the bait to trick her, at least let us make it up to her.」

「Yeah, that works.」

「But......」

After Laclain agreed to the arrangement, Gray-sama was about to say something when a ground-shaking sound resounded across the room. All eyes gathered on Chise-san. That was probably his stomach.
(lilies: ROFL)

「Shuddap! I'm hungry!」

Fufu, come to think of it, we haven't had lunch. 

「I have stew. Let's eat that, shall we?」

I almost fell the moment I got out of bed, but Sena-san came to support me right away. 

「It's alright, you stay in bed......Rhonya.」

「Let's eat on the first floor.」

「I'll move it.」

When I tried to go down the stairs, I was whisked to the first floor by Laclain's wind. I slowly served the beef stew on a plate, for everyone. It smells so good!

「I don't need it. You slept so much, your mind hasn't warmed up yet.」

「Aiya, that's right.」

Laclain doesn't like cooked food.

「Why~? Manager's food is unparalleled.」

Laclain calmly responded to Chise-san who seemed heated.

「I only eat raw food.」

Laclain only enjoys the spoils of hunting. 
The Lotos desperately waved their arms at me, for me to give Laclain's portion to them. 

「Yes, yes.」

I chuckled and placed the plate in front of them.

「Rhonya's handmade......」

「Stupid, everything on the menu is made by ojou.」

「!」

Gray-sama sat at the counter with Ryuse-san, happily chatting away. While Sena-san looked a little amazed as he watched them from the side. Fufu, I wonder if everyone can get along well.

「Itadakimasu」

「Enjoy your meal.」

Shize-san and Chise-san were seated at their usual table. Just watching everyone dig into the stew deliciously from the counter made me extremely contented.



As I watch the scene before me in a trance-like state, the Lotos parallelled me. They got drowsier and drowsier until they eventually fell asleep. Then, I felt like there was something overhead. It was Laclain's wing. Being enveloped by such a soft and cosy wing, I became increasingly sleepy.

Come to think of it, was the demon completely sealed away? I didn't hear Gray-sama say that. And I had planned on serving the cocktails and confessing my past to the Beastmen squad......

But I quickly changed my mind. 

I will be alright with everyone around me. I believe that the time where these peaceful days will be ruined will not come. 

Incredibly, I've come to believe that. 

My condition may take some time to improve, but whether it's tomorrow or the day after and beyond. Everyone will be by my side. That's why I could tell them everything anytime.
The scene before me, everyone from the Beastmen squad enjoying their meal energetically, Gray-sama, as well as the adorable fairies. 

These relaxing, happy times.

Surely, these blissful times will continue to accumulate.

Always, till forever——

Previous || ToC || Next


Wheeee Volume 2 of Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou is finally completed!! ٩(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)و

The demon is q cute tbh, feels like a tsun tsun turned yandere or something heh 

This was a decent run for the first novel I ever translated I guess (I hope?) 
Eh the quality is definitely not as good as I wish, but my writing ability is... haha cannot keep up with my hopes. 

An announcement of what future projects I'll be working on will be put up later. 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter/volume and byebyeeee mattari fans

peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

16 Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapter and your hard work!

    I thought Rhonya would have a fight with the demon since she can use magic. Actually, I wanna see her cool side when fighting by using magic TT. But this is fine, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. Feels like we were robbed but at the same time, I kinda understand it. It wasn't a bad plan at all. She fell for it, the demon actually went and prepared it especially for her and using what he knows mo about her. Plus, she may be already a little rusty since you know, she stopped going to school and doing magic training all together. I was hoping when she met Gray again, he'd volunteer on his days off to visit her and at least train her (protection against abusive bro). I guess we'll just have to be satisfied her best feat yet came from a flashback/backstory.

      Delete
    2. Ohh, I see. Seems like I overlook her backstory. Thank you for your reply!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your hard work! Looking forward for the next project ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! Not a bad plan Demon-san. Dunno how Sena came up with the conclusion quickly (though I guess the demon's attack was pretty recent and mama Sena is the most protective out of the 4 of them. Shize's too subtle, Ryuse's too open *despite being a tsundere*, and Chise's a mix of everyone and Sena did most of the studying). So, just to be sure but Rhonya technically still has Laclain's feather (I assume the crystal was used offscreen), hoping its gonna be used at either vol.03-04 when either sh*tty (but apparently handsome) brother or Schneider shows up, either situation is gonna be interesting. If its the brother, Laclain bout to be full power serious, if its Schneider, poor guy might piss his pants if he can't even handle Laclain's multiple floating individual feathers *aka razor leaf/petal dance style* right at his face.
    Lol, when a literal demon is a much healthier relationship than with her main family. Schneider may be a bit much though but then I remember he once told her how he was semi-annoyed she kept getting 1st place (even if it was partially out of good intentions too... probably) when its BECAUSE she stayed on top she was able to SAVE THE WORLD (especially the plant life), remember she could only get the exam exemption/date reexamination when she stays as the top student.
    Just typing this again makes me fume in anger when Schneider knows MOST of her achievements AND the abuse she had to go through and STILL trusted the testimonies of multiple redshirts, bgs and Misano (even if said redshirts were Rhonya orbiters/fans. She had NO ONE to help on her case because of her family's rep, her personality, and lastly Hansel and Leslie's convenient absence) when he had the history with Rhonya to prove she's incapable of doing that (and even then IF it were true had justifiable reasons SINCE they were ABOUT to be FORMALLY engaged). Lets forget this long rant.

    RHONYA be living the dream. SIX dreamy SINGLE MEN in ONE room. I know she's suffering some repurcussions with the curse and treatment but dang it! I am soooo jealous. The image was just the cherry on top!

    Kinda disappointed she hasn't told them yet. Yes, we have MORE opportunities and judging from the spoilers, vol.03 is our best bet.

    Still, I was HOPING back when she was tearing up, she'd unconsciously mention her brother and Schneider. Our beastmen deserve to know the people they're claws will need to threaten (but not physically harm since they have the title/status to protect themselves) and Gray and Laclain need the reminder to keep our baby girl safe! Heck, judging from spoilers, the trauma she received from her brother is enough to petrify her and leave her into a mumbling mess upon seeing him (apparently)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So there's still a possibility, Rhonda gonna encounter the demon in the future. I hope someone's going to kill her brother first. (´-ι_-`) painful to be Rhonya.
    Thank you for your hard work Lilie.
    Waiting for next projects.
    Take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The demon is cute lol (& quite innocent/childish in some ways) I want him to be friend with Rhonya(^◇^)✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your work !!!! I really enjoy reading this novel with you translating !!ヾ(*^▽^*)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great translations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔノ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ship her more with the demon than that stupid prince

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, i just wanted to say a big thank you for your translations. I'm french and i do not understand a single word of Japanese or language besides french and a little english so i'm truly grateful for your work, especially because i like so much this novel and i'm so happy to be able to read it !!! So just thank you for your hard word who brought me so much joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for translating this! I ended up binge read these when accidentally found them yesterday. Wish you always have a nice day Lilies! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the translating the vol 2😉
    I found the manga at mangadex and luckily they gave the link of the novel as well❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post