Observation Record of a Self-proclaimed Villainess’ Fiancée Gushhh





This is my number one absolute favourite from the otome game type reincarnation genre!!

I feel kinda bad saying this, but not even reijou wa mattari wo goshomou comes close.

What sets it apart from the others is that it's written from the guy's perspective. Also, what I like most about this story is the lack of a harem compared to other stories about villainesses (or just most romance and shounen in general sighs). 

I really really really (important things must emphasise 3 times) dislike the whole mary sue trope (>﹏<) it's like even just breathing can make everyone fall for them.

For example, the novel, "I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags", which I shall call destruction flags. When you compare them, both have heroines that are a little silly and often do things that are considered weird for noble ladies. But unlike destruction flags, Bertia from self-proclaimed villainess doesn't make all the capture targets fall in love with her because of her "weirdness". 

I guess my dislike for mary sue characters really stems from my dislike for the whole "i'M nOt LikE oThEr GirLs" thingy and of course how dense this type of heroines are written. They just constantly lead guys on with how "kind" and "saintly" they are. It could be because I'm a bad person but I just always feel super annoyed when I see white lotus type characters try to shove their self-righteousness down my throat. (no kinky shit here tq)

THANKFULLY, self-proclaimed villainess is not like that. 

This novel is refreshing as the reincarnated villainess's main objective isn't to change her fate. Though this could be seen as a little creepy, with how much she loves a character from a game, that she's willing to actively bring herself and her family to ruin. While I have read another story like that, the main charm of this novel is Bertia really. 

She's a little goofy and instead of trying to hide the fact she reincarnated, this silly girl decides to tell the whole world about her reincarnation. 
Cecil is highkey manipulative but it's fun when it's fiction and as long as he doesn't hurt Bertia, I suppose... 

Basically for dumb, feel-good stories like this just read it without using your head XD If you think too deeply about it, it's not good for anyone. 
I usually read stories like this. Stories that make you feel good, maybe make you smile creepily to your phone on the bus with little to no angst and no drama. Some people might find it boring, but I've gone through my fair share of needlessly long, drama for the sake of drama type of books and it's really too tiring for my heart. And since this is a Japanese light novel (it being a completed work is an absolute plus), I'm not invested in like at least 700 chapters of MC doing stupid shit for the sake of conflict, constant backstabbing and people hating on the MCs for no apparent reason.

There are only 19 chapters to this book, so you don't have to worry about reading a 1000+ chapters story only to feel like the author played with your feelings with a shit ending or characters becoming OOC.

Anyways, I just wanted to gush about one of my favourite novels without giving away too much. If you're reading this, then you've finally made it to the end \(≧▽≦)/
So erhm... congrats on getting through this incoherent mess!!

I will probably write more incoherent crap gushing or ranting about other light novels. If you haven't read this, please give it a shot :)


peace lilies~


lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

1 Comments

  1. I also love this story. The girl is so stupid but in a good way. I usually hate it when the MC is stupid but it's the cause of the author not an actual character trait.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post