Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-6



Chapter 2-6

We wish you a Merry Christmas!!


「It makes me happy to see that you are well-liked by the residents of the forest......」

「Gray-sama is well-liked too.」


「But not as much as you.」


Really? I stared at Gray-sama as I tilted my head and he quickly shifted his gaze.


「L-Let's change the topic......I heard about it......your engagement being cancelled.」


That was unexpected, I didn't think he would bring this up. I never talked much about Schneider with Gray-sama. I stopped and shook my head at Gray-sama who looked over nervously.


「......It's ok. Schneider and I just weren't destined for each other.」


「I haven't heard the details......but you were an outstanding student......To maintain your position as first in level......I know you've worked harder than anyone else. Don't you want to go back to school?」


Gray-sama asked me with a serious look on his face. One must graduate from school to become a magician. It might be because of his love for magic, that he found it a pity. 

However, I didn't maintain my position as first in level to become a magician. So I shook my head without saying anything. Then, he looked as if he was trying to find things to say.

「......Rhonya, it was you who saved the forest from the hands of the demon. That's why......you are liked by all the residents of the forest. This feat of saving the forest......is worthy of commendation.」


Sure, I was called by Orphedoto in place of Gray-sama. However......


「......No. If it were up to Gray-sama, I'm sure you would've handled it better than I did. All these should've been Gray-sama's achievements......」

(lilies: facepalm)

「There's no such thing. You did well. Even I didn't know of ancient defence magic.」


I crouched down on the spot without thinking and mumbled. 


「......That was just something I chanced upon while researching for an upcoming exam. Didn't I explain it to you before?」


「I heard you before, but that's not something you can immediately apply in battle.」


Gray-sama said firmly as he got down on one knee beside me. 
(lilies: no he is not proposing._.)

「......It's just by chance that I could use the magic I needed for the exam. If I weren't preparing for the exam, I don't know if I could've saved the forest......I got lucky. I only did what I could do.」

「It was your strength that saved the forest and not anyone else's」

Gray-sama tightly grasped my right hand.

「If it's you, I believe you'd be a great magician.」

He wants me to graduate from school and become a magician. It's precisely because he recognised my abilities that he treated this so seriously. 

「What I can do is limited......but I'll do what I can get you back to school.」

「Gray-sama」

I held his hand with my left.

「I won't return back to that school.」

This is my will. I neither wish to return to the school that besmirched my name nor do I wish to clear my name. I will not return to that place I escaped from. 

「......I see.」

Gray-sama seems to understand as he pulled his hand away. He looked down with a sad expression.

「......I worked hard for the wrong things. But this effort was not in vain as it gave me the strength I needed to save the forest. And I gained the acknowledgement of Gray-sama whom I respected so much.」

I smiled, taking his hands in mine.

「Just as I got Gray-sama's recognition, I wanted my parents to acknowledge me......Since young, I've been working hard to meet their expectations......but I wasn't praised even if I maintained my position as top of the level.」

I said with downcast eyes. Gray-sama spoke gently.

「That's because they had imposed too many expectations on you......they wished for you to achieve what they couldn't.」

「......I know. They refused to settle for the current state of things and forced me to aim higher.」

I felt my chest tighten and I forced myself to look up to the sky. Sunlight was shining through the leaves. And I took a deep breath of the fresh air. Deep breaths.

「......That was a family that had no need for warmth......I can't keep up with a family like that.」

My parents always sought to improve their position and my brother shared the same sentiments. But maybe it's because I have memories from my past life. I want to relax and laze around—— because of this wish, I will never be on the same page as them.

「I've thought of running away to my kind grandfather's side, but when I met Schneider......I decided to endure it for him as he said he would protect me. I've mentioned this before, haven't I?」

Only once, did Gray-sama asked about my family matters. At that time, Gray-sama was worried if I was working too hard. And I replied him with a smile saying that I was fine because of the promise Schneider made to me when we were young. 

「I remember......」 He said with a slight nod of his head.

「If I married Schneider, he would give me happiness. It was that thought that helped me persevere through. But maybe I should've put in more effort in other areas. Like trying to bond more with my family......」

I was afraid my family might latch themselves onto Schneider and hold him back. And I had cunningly hoped that someone could help change my circumstance. But, it was all for nothing. 

「I will not return to school. We will never be able to return to how we were before. That was where Rhonya Gravizera belonged. And I will not go back to being Rhonya Gravizera.」

I reiterated my will.

「Thanks to Gray-sama, I've gotten a lot of support. That's why I'm able to stand on my own two feet now. I'm really thankful for all the magic you've taught me.」

I expressed my sincere gratitude to Gray-sama and he held my hands again. 

「......Rhonya.」

Gray-sama narrowed his violet eyes. As I thought, he's more expressive today. 

「No matter what, I hope that my presence can become a pillar of support for you.」

Despite the calm tone, it felt very passionate...... 

「Graaaa!」

Suddenly, the cry of a beast echoed through the air causing Gray-sama and me to tremble. When I looked back, a white cheetah was snarling while stomping over to us. It's Ryuse-san, following closely behind, was Sena-san. For some reason, the two of them were in their beast form. 

「Who are you! Get your hands off of her or I'll cut them off!」

Ryuse-san was oozing with hostility as his fur was standing on end. He walked in front of us and thrust his hand forward. Even though those hands were adorable fluffy paws, his claws were out and pointed at Gray-sama. I let go of Gray-sama's hands and slowly stood up. Gray-sama followed suit and stood up as well. 

「This is the magician, Gratia-sama. He is someone who's like a mentor to me.」

I thought that my explanation would reduce the hostility Ryuse-san was showing, but he still glared at Gray-sama. His face was starting to scare me. 

「So your friends......were Beastmen huh.」

「That's right. This is Ryuse-san and that is Sena-san.」

I introduced the two of them to Gray-sama who looked really interested. 

「......A race with the appearance of a beast that has the innate ability to transform......This is a little rude on our first meeting, but may I touch your ears?」
(lilies: lol like teacher like student)

「Why should I let you!」

「Oh......」

Gray-sama seems disappointed by Ryuse-san's immediate refusal. 

「......Rather than that, why are you here? Because we didn't see you at the honey tree, so we followed your scent......What about the issue with the coffee?」

Sena-san asked while keeping an eye on Gray-sama. Gray-sama then changed his target to Sena-san's large perky ears, to which Sena-san calmly refused 「No.」


「The matter was resolved successfully, so I'm on my way to visit the Lotos now. Won't you guys come along as well? I'm sure they'll be glad to see you, Sena-san.」

「I see......that's great, but I think Boss is waiting for you to finish up here so let's go.」

「Didn't Orphedoto bring them over?」

「Since it's your favourite place, I think it'd be better for you to show them yourself. They should still be waiting for you back there.」

If that's the case, then I've made them wait. I have to go back quickly.

「Then, we'll be going to find Shize-san and others. Would you like to join us, Gray-sama?」

「No......I'll」

Seeing that Ryuse-san's hair was standing again, Gray-sama refrained from joining us. Even if I dragged him along, it would only make Gray-sama uncomfortable, so I won't force him. Gray-sama took a quick glance at Ryuse-san and whispered.

「......That demon is still looking for you, right? Best be careful.」

「It's ok, he won't be able to find me.」

Even though I was the one who sealed the demon that attacked the forest, they seem to have a knack for breaking seals, appearing as and when they like. As sealing and barrier magics are not my strongest suit, demons are a bad match-up for me.

That demon has appeared before me again and again with the school as their target. However, now that I've moved to a place far away from school, the probability of them finding me is pretty low. 

「Do not underestimate that demon's obsession.」

Gray-sama solemnly warned me to not be careless. Demons are evil entities that bewitch others. However, all are students under magic that protects them from the control of demons, hence, I will not be captured by that demon. 
Having said that, Gray-sama's words still sent a chill down my spine. 

「I'll take care of it when the demon reappears. If you use this to call me, I can rush over at any time.」

Gray-sama placed an oval-shaped amethyst crystal in my hand. At first glance, it looks like a normal, well-polished amethyst, but it's a pair of crystals with magic applied to them. This magic is used in communications and is often applied to stones such as quartz. 

These two stones can be used as a communication device. By sending a message through one stone, it would be transmitted to the other. Instead of transmitting sound, it lights up or heats up. It can also lead you to the other stone which is very convenient in case of an emergency.
Gray-sama would be able to completely seal the demon away. If this is what he meant by wanting to support me, I will gratefully accept. 

「Thank you, Gray-sama.」

「......It's no trouble if it's for you.」

Gray-sama grabbed my hand and Ryuse-san started growling again. Gray-sama let go of me at once and looked away. Ryuse-san looked grumpy and wrapped his tail around my waist, pulling my body towards him. The sudden movement gave me a shock.

「Then......I'll see you again, Rhonya.」

「Yes, please take care of yourself, Gray-sama.」

「......Mhm.」

After saying and waving goodbye to Gray-sama, Ryuse-san started moving, dragging me along. I had to turn my body toward him. 

「Speaking of which, where were the two of you? ......Were you chasing after small animals?」

「I'm not Chise......Wait no!」

Ryuse-san angrily denied that statement. I see so that's something Chise-san would actually do. 
Then why did they wander away? I looked up to Ryuse-san who was walking beside me with his tail still coiled around my waist and saw that his pale blue eyes were looking at Sena-san. I shifted my gaze onto him as well. 

「We met with Laclain.」

「Aiya......with Laclain......」

My ears perked up to listen attentively to Sena-san's faint response. 

「......Chise-san didn't fight with him, did he?」

「Not to worry, Laclain was very friendly.」

I didn't hear any violent winds, so it should probably be ok, just like what Sena-san reassured. Rather than that......

「Erhm, Ryuse-san......it's hard to walk like that.」

I tried asking Ryuse-san to remove his tail from my waist. Ryuse-san who wasn't in the best of moods, let go unwillingly and held my hand instead. And we walked hand in hand, just like that. 
While I was worried about the sharp claws on his big cat paws, I knew he would never hurt me. I could keenly feel the softness of his toe beans on my palm.


「I feel like......it's very refreshing to walk outside like that with ojou. I've only ever seen you in the shop.」

Ryuse-san seems to be in a better mood as he looked around the forest, wagging his tail. Out of the blue, something cold stuck itself onto my back.

「Ojou was eaten!?」

「Ah, this is Raymond, a forest manta. He's just giving me a hug.」

「But it looks like he's swallowing you!?」

Nono, that's just his fins moving. I most definitely am not being eaten. 

Raymond seems to be scared by Ryuse-san's outburst as he soon swims away. 

「Wow, there are all kinds of creatures in this forest.」

As we continued on our way, I noticed the tree fairies. When they stand completely still, it's nearly impossible to find them. I only noticed them when I saw them slowly inch their way over. I reached out with my free hand to wave hello to them and they returned the greeting waving their tree branch back at me. 

Shortly after, we arrived at the place where we had first entered forest. Where Shize-san and Chise-san lying down in their Beast form. When Chise-san saw us, he stood up and stretched.

「Already settled?」

Orphedoto was still seated on a tree branch. I told Chise-san and Orphedoto what happened.

「Yes, the Papies said that they will continue helping me in the future. Oh, I also met with Gratia-sama.」

「I-I see. Did Gratia say anything?」

I tilted my head at Orphedoto's question. 

「He didn't leave any message for you......」

「That's not what I......nevermind. That guy, even though I went through the trouble of planning......」

Orphedoto shrugged and mumbled to himself. 

「Hnn......I see what's going on.」

Sena-san sent a meaningful glance at Orphedoto. Although his body trembled a little in shock, he quickly looked away.

「Rhonya, let's go to the place you talked about......when Boss decides to get up.」

The top priority now is to bring everyone to the location. As Sena-san hurried me, I took a peek at Shize-san who was lying down. I thought that he was asleep, but who knew that the black lion's amber eyes were wide open. I was startled. 

「Sorry to keep you waiting. Let's go, shall we?」

Shize-san silently reached out his hand to Rhonya. I grabbed on to his hand and helped him up. Passing through the tree fairies, I brought the Beastmen squad to my favourite place.

「Ne~, Rhonya.」

Chise-san called my name from behind. Since it's the first time he called me by my name, I was quite nervous. Is it because we're not in the cafe, that's why he didn't call me manager?

「You're strong right?」

「Eh?」

In response to the sudden query, I couldn't help but exclaim in surprise. I was shaken by the question. And as I was trying to figure out how he came to that conclusion, Chise-san made a weird sound 「Uweeh!」 Sena-san had grabbed his neck. 

Chise-san didn't probe any further and I didn't answer his question as well. Just like that, we walked on in silence. A bright ray of light shone down on us. The warm and sunny open space was surrounded trees growing in strategic locations. The ground was covered in greenery and the grass swayed with the wind. 

「This is it. You'll feel better when you lie down here.」

I said smilingly to the members of the Beastman squad as I led them to the centre of the field. Under the comforting warmth of the sunlight, a refreshing breeze grazed our noses.
(lilies: this is my interpretation... the raws "心地の良い陽射しの中、お陽様の香りが鼻をかすめた。" what is the scent of the sun zzzzz)

「This is a good place. Oh, it's quite cushiony.」

Ryuse-san walked into the sunlight as he scanned the surrounding area. The others followed behind.

「Yep. It's even softer than a bed.」

I sat down and pushed my hand into the grass. Then, Shize-san lied down in front of me. 

「Ah~ It feels so good~」

Ryuse-san got comfortable as well, purring as he curled into a ball. Both Sena-san and Chise-san got into position, with Shize-san as the centre.

The heartwarming scene made me break into a Duchenne-smile. I wanted to watch it for a little longer, but I wanted to visit the Lotos as well. When I tried to stand up, Shize-san grabbed my arm. I lost balance and fell straight into Shize-san's embrace. Without a change in his expression, Shize-san said.

「......Stay here, Rhonya.」

I scrambled off his chest and replied with a resounding 「Y......Yes......」
I think I was just invited to nap with them. Does this mean that it's ok for me to sleep with the mofumofus? I was so stunned that I froze in place, beside Shize-san. 

He had already closed his eyes and lied down with his arms crossed behind his head. However, this doesn't feel like the black lion's style, he doesn't look like someone who would show any weaknesses.

Looking around, I saw the blue wolf, Chise-san, snoring. He slept with one arm on his belly and his mouth wide open. This feels a little too careless. Beside Chise-san was Sena-san who was sleeping on his back. He propped up a knee and covered his face with his arms. His large ears stopped moving and his green tail that was buried in the grass would wag slightly.

To the left, Ryuse-san's tail was swaying. His eyes were wide open and he pats the grass beside him with his white fluffy paws. Suddenly, he started laughing. 

「Do you want an arm pillow?」

「N-No, it's fine.」

I refused at once. As much as I would like to nap with you, but an arm pillow is really too embarrassing me. With a smile on his face, Ryuse-san slowly closed his eyes and gave in to his sleepiness. The mofumofu mercenaries have fallen asleep in front of me.

Even though not too long ago, they would glare at me when I got close, now they're comfortable enough to sleep in front of me. I smiled as this was proof that they had accepted me as one of their own. 

What an interesting feeling, to share your favourite places with your new friends.

Just staying here is making me drowsy. It's a warm and safe space. Slightly further away from Shize-san, I let my body sink into the soft, fluffy grass. Although the sun was glaring, I was too sleepy. I eventually succumbed to sleep while taking in the fresh scent of grass and sunlight. 

At this time, I heard footsteps, but I didn't open my eyes to check. In this forest, no one would bring me harm, so we could sleep in peace. I could hear cautious footsteps and the sound of something dragging. It must be Laclain. Soon after, the sound stopped and I could feel something hovering above me. I think it might be Laclain's wings.

Laclain hates letting his long wings touch the ground. That's why I was touched by his concern and smiled in my sleep. Encased in the mythical beast's wings, I fell into la-la land. As Laclain sighed deeply, the rustling of the leaves resonated across the area. I drifted to sleep, listening to the soothing sound that was like a lullaby.

Previous || ToC || Next


Surprise Surprise I posted one day earlier :]]

Thank you for your feedback (^◇^;) I've decided to change to "ojou"...... don't whack me ahahah
It'll take some time for me to go back and edit the previous chapters, but please bear with me. 

Omg those comments about Gray from Fairy Tail AHAHAH I cringe a little every time I have to type his name 'cause now I all I can see is a crazy man who's constantly stripping and running around naked  XD

peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

16 Comments

  1. Thanks a lot for this lovely christmas present 😆❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the translation and Merry XMas to you and your family ☺

    lol Gratia (Gray) and Orphedoto. I think they might set up with a plan for Gray to propose how he feels towards Rhonya but he failed. Try again next time Mr.Magician 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the christmas gift lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my a new chapter! 😍
    Thank you so much for your hard work and merry xmas! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah what a beautiful chapter!😭 i'm touched! I super ship Shize-san and Rhonya!💘 go go go!!
    Thanks again for the translation and Merry Christmas!!🎄

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it, I feel like the demon is going to be another person who has feelings for the MC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not gonna be all that yandere, right?😐

      Delete
  7. Gratia has Orphe, Shize has Sena.
    Yes, Sena knows your suffering, Orphe. 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter/translations!

    A bit disappointed on their hostility with Gray-sama, I mean I can understand it but they just heard he's the only man Rhonya and Orphedoto trust enough to seal/protect Rhonya from the demon.

    Ohoh? Shize taking initiative? YES~! Although I'm a bit confused, how FAR has Rhonya gone with him as of this chapter? Did she get to feel his mane? Clearly, she achieved SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the translations! Love the little comment notes XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this was over half a year ago, but I think that by "smell of the sun" they probably meant the smell of sunshine, that is something that I would say has a very distinctive scent, is like petrichor but on the opposite direction. It just smells warm and comfortable, I really don't know how to describe it but is very distinctive

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah this was a little annoying for a bit there. Those 2 just had to be hostile instead of trying to befriend another human who clearly gets along with mc. Almost had an abuser vibe coming from Ryuse with him not wanting her to interact with anyone or at least another man intimately. That behavior isn't cute at all

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post