Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-7



Chapter 2-7

Happy Boxing Day!! (●°u°●) 」



Chapter 3 A toast to happiness


1 Cherry Festival


Sleeping under the sun makes you feel at ease and lets you feel relaxed from the bottom of your heart. Then, I noticed a smell that was different from the scent of the sun and grass. Suddenly, Shize-san's face came to mind. 

Ah, this is Shize-san's smell. But why do I know this scent? ......Oh right, it must be from when he princess carried me when I was down with a cold. It was then that I caught a whiff of Shize-san's scent. 

I opened my eyes slightly and white swaying object came into view. 

Pata, pata.
It was a white coloured tail rhythmically tapping on the grass. There was also a black piece of clothing draped on my body. Shize-san must have been the one who covered me with his jacket. 

Aiya, but I remember being in the embrace of Laclain's wings just now. I closed my eyes once again and turned my body around. This time, I felt something roll down from my neck. A really adorable 「fuwa」 could be heard. It's a Loto's voice. I wonder if it snuggled up to me during my sleep. 

If I listened attentively, I could hear the sound of someone talking. Ah ah, I should probably get up. I still wanted to sleep some more, but I slowly rose from my slumber. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the sight of the white tail again. It's Ryuse-san's tail. Beside the tapping tail was a pair of amber eyes. And this pair of eyes belonged to a pure black lion......
In the next instant, our eyes met. 

It seems I had fallen asleep, completely oblivious. How embarrassing. I got up in a hurry, causing the Lotos to tumble down my body. Ah, so sorry. The tumble might have caused them to see stars, as their head was going round and round. 
(lilies: their eyes were (@_@) lol)

「Oh, you're awake, ojou. Did you sleep well? You didn't even wake when the Lotos climbed on top of you.」

Ryuse-san who was seated near me laughed. 
Ah, how embarrassing. 
When I looked up to the sky, it was starting to be stained red. It's already evening. Did I really sleep for that long? I looked around and saw that everyone was already awake, except for me. At a distance, the blue wolf Chise-san was together with Laclain, who was in a humanoid form, passionately discussing something. How surprising, to think that Chise-san would be so friendly to someone that he met for the first time. I wonder how the two of them got so close while I was asleep.

Sena-san was sitting on the side as well, but I can't see what he's doing as he had his back to me. When I looked at Shize-san, he was lying down with the forest kittens, the Ferris. The pure white Ferris were all snuggled up to Shize-san and napping with him. It's the first time I've seen the mischievous Ferris so well behaved. Even though they're little fellas that wouldn't stay still even when you held them. 

「Ne~ ne~ Rhonya, I'm going hunting with Laclain, so please make dinner for me!」

Chise-san told me excitedly. So they were talking about hunting. Just as I was folding Shize-san's jacket, Sena-san spoke before I could reply. 

「That's not happening. Seth has prepared dinner for us.」

I've heard this name before. I remember that it's the name of Sena-san's younger brother. When Sena-san turned around, I noticed that a Loto and another floofy creature was sitting on his lap. It was a fluffy fairy with maroon fur. It had curly and poofy fur that resembled that of a toy poodle. Fii looked at me with her big round eyes and tottered over with her stubby legs. Fii closed her eyes and raised her nose. I leaned in towards her as well and gently rubbed my nose against hers. This is how Fii says hello. 

「Oh! Do that with me too ojou!」

I got a shock when Ryuse-san who was watching us from side suddenly said that.

「Eh!」

While I was feeling shaken from the request, Fii had an expression that read "well, it can't be helped" as she slowly tottered over to give him a greeting.

「No, not you. We've already done that. Ah forget it, come on.」

Ryuse-san laughed innocently (child-like) and tickled Fii's nose with his tail. Fii was very happy as she hugged his tail tightly. Seeing a Beastman playing around with a fairy, my eyes slowly became the shape of crescent moons. (lilies: like eye smile)
However, even as he was occupied with Fii, he doesn't seem to have given up on having skinship with me as he started leaning towards me.

「Hurry, ojou let's do it too?」

Nuzzling something that looks like a toy poodle is one thing. But nuzzling a cheetah with a fearless smile on his face is a whole nother matter. While I was backing away in a panic, Chise-san shouted over.

「Don't kid around, Ryuse. How could she only do that with you!」

「Shut up, Chise. Woah, you have a really scary expression on your face!」

Scared by Chise-san, Fii ran over to me. The Lotos who were rolling in the grass nearby also stuck themselves onto my clothes. And then, white feathers started to gather. A tornado of feathers started to form around Ryuse-san, causing him to exclaim 「Wah!」 while flipping over.

Another gust of feathers flew towards me and swept me off of my feet. Eventually, I was carried on to Laclain's lap. I've never done this before. While I was seated on his lap, Fii and the Lotos started clapping and cheering enthusiastically.

「The Papies seem to have completed their job without a hitch and are now resting contentedly. Sorry for your inconvenience.」

In the direction where Laclain pointed to with his wings, there was a bag filled to the brim with coffee beans. Sena-san who was nearby helped me bring it over.

「Oh my......so much.」

「This way, the situation where people won't get to enjoy your coffee can be avoided.」

Sena-san said while stroking Fii's chin. Fii closed her eyes in satisfaction. What a cute expression.

「I heard that they're a type of wool fairy.」

「Yes, this is Fii. They are kind of like silkworms and Fii can produce a silk-like cloth. This bag was also made by Fii.」

I gently pushed aside the fur on Fii's face. Once I removed my hand, it would return back to its original position. And the Lotos watched on, their eyes shining with interest.
(lilies: lmao what kind of muscle memory is this XD)

「Ne, Rhonya.」

「Yes?」

Sena-san lowered his voice and bent over. In that instant, his face was so close to mine, our noses almost touched.

「M-a-n-e. Now is your chance.」

Mane was referring to Shize-san. When I turned to look at him, Shize-san was still lying down with the Ferris. Then Ryuse-san started to make a big fuss.

「Why didn't you back away even when Sena got close!?」

「Eh......erm......」

「Both Ryuse and Chise just won't do.」

Sena-san picked Fii up and continued.

「Better take advantage of the mess now while you can.」

Then, with a "fwoo" sound, there came a gentle breeze, that carefully helped me get up on my feet. When I looked back, Laclain had an expression that looked like he wanted me to go take a look. With someone pushing me from behind, I had no choice but to go. Moving past Ryuse-san and Chise-san, I came to Shize-san's side. He didn't look at me as he continued to pet the Ferris resting on his abdomen. The Ferris looked very comfortable as it turned over with its feet pointing upwards towards the sky. That lazy and casual pose is really cute too.

A white kitten relaxing atop a black lion. Ah, my heart can't take it. It makes my heart go 「Kyuun~」
I caress the Ferris as well. If you tickle their ears, they'll start laughing uncontrollably with their mouth wide open. I covered my mouth with my free hand. I'm sure the expression that I have now is not befitting of a lady.

As I pet the other Ferris as well, I was surrounded by a gust of cold wind. Looking behind me, I saw Laclain and Sena-san, who looked like they were trying to tell me that the Ferris were not the main point.
Oh, the lion's mane was the main goal.
I carefully observed Shize-san who didn't seem to care about my presence and waited for my chance.

I let my hand slip to the back of the Ferris that was snuggling against Shize-san's arm and petted it, gently stroking its voluminous tail. While my other hand that was on the grass slowly inched its way towards the black lion's mane. It was a pure black mane that seemed to barely reflect any light. I was just a few centimetres away from the ends of the soft, fluffy hair.

「......」

It's impossible for me after all, Sena-san!
I withdrew my hand shook lightly shook my head. I don't dare to touch a lion without permission! Laclain gently struck my forehead with his wind, as if he was telling me to hurry up with it. When I looked around, confused, I found a little Loto. It looks like he wants to try touching the lion's mane as well. The Loto looked up at me nervously as he approached Shize-san fearfully. With his outstretched little arms, he slowly crept forward, with the black lion's mane as his target.

However, in the next moment, he tripped over the soft grass. And the Loto's tiny body was completely submerged in Shize-san's mane. I trembled when Shize-san looked over to it. The Loto broke out from the mane and bolted for Laclain. Chise-san and Ryuse-san who watched the whole thing play out muttered 「What happened?」 While Sena-san turned away. I couldn't tell if he was shaking or if he was laughing.

「Let's go back......」
(lilies: I bet $1 Shize was waiting for her to pet him)

Shize-san got up after saying that. Uwu......I didn't get to touch his mane again today. 
The Ferris who got off from Shize-san lifted their heads to look at me. Then they pounced on me with a puff and left in the blink of an eye. The Ferris never change. 

Ah ah, I was covered in hair again. Though Laclain helped me blow off the fur with a strong gust of wind. Thanks to them, my hair was in a mess as well. This was also a common sight. Seeing how I was, both Chise-san and Ryuse-san started laughing.

After fixing my hair slightly, a black hand reached out to me. It was Shize-san. I stood up slowly with his help.

「Then, let's return, shall we.」

I said to Shize-san with a smile and then looked around me. Ryuse-san and the others got up as well. 

「Oh right, I'd like to have more cherries tomorrow.」

I told the Lotos who were sitting on Laclain's lap and they eagerly saluted me.

「Manager! What do you need the cherries for?」

Chise-san asked while wagging his tail. For some reason, he returned to calling me, manager. 

「I was thinking of hosting a week-long cherry fair. I'm going to prepare cakes made with cherries, strawberries and raspberries.」

They would go really well with Shize-san's favourite chocolate cake too. If it's a sweet and sour mousse cake made of strawberries and raspberries, I think even Ryuse-san who's not a fan of sweet foods will be able to enjoy. For the sweet-lover, Sena-san, and fruit-lover, Chise-san, I want to make a cake covered in cherries and a cake sprinkled with powdered sugar. 

「I'll give my thanks to the Papies at a later date. Then, see you soon.」

I bid Laclain and the fairies goodbye. Both the Lotos and Fii waved their little hands at me passionately. I wanted to say goodbye to Orphedoto as well, but Laclain told me 「I'll inform him」. So, I decided to just leave first, since the Beastmen squad still had work after this. 

I lightly stepped on the ground and activated a magic circle. A magic circle big enough to fit all of us appeared beside Shize-san and the others. From there, white light overflowed out and enveloped our figures. In an instant, the scenery changed from a lush green forest to the interior of a charming little cafe. The sunset was shining into the store through a window. 

「This is for today.」

Shize-san said as he handed me a gold coin.

「I had lots of fun! Let's go there again, ojou.」

Ryuse-san exclaimed excitedly while exiting the store.

「I'll definitely eat the cherry cake so don't sell out and leave some for me, manager!」

「Okay.」

Chise-san reminded me and left, behind Ryuse-san. Shize-san murmured 「Thanks for having us」 and exited the store. Sena-san who was left stared at me intently. 

「Sorry, I didn't manage to touch his mane again.」

I thought that he wanted to talk to me about this, but that didn't seem to be the case. Sena-san opened his mouth after some consideration. 

「I heard that you're being targetted by a demon. While it appears that he can't get to you......If he does find you, you can ask us for help.」

I was surprised. He must have been worried since Gray-sama mentioned something worrying like the demon. If I were to say that I'll be fine......

「I know that you'll say that you'll be fine.」

Sena-san continued, without giving me space to respond.

「Just remember that we're always on your side.」

"Kalang kalang" 
Sena-san left. Leaving me confused. 
Does he mean for me to hire them to eliminate the demon? But it's not something that requires the strength of the strongest mercenary squad. After all, the opponent is only one person. Even if they do find me, this store is protected by a barrier that prevents demons from entering. And I'm confident that I can deal with them......though barrier and sealing magics are not my strongest suit. 

Oh right, perhaps they want to give me support like Gray-sama. 
They care for me when I fall sick, spend time relaxing with me and worry about me. I couldn't help but smile at their concern for me. I hurried out the door and called out to them.

「I look forward to your next visit!」

The black lion glanced back at me while Chise-san waved his hand profusely. Ryuse-san did a slight wave and lifted his hand with his back to me. I kept waving my hand until they disappeared to the other side of the street that was dyed in the colour of the sunset.
(lilies: the street is "茜色" in colour, which is madder red)

——The next day

The cherry fair held received rave reviews.

「Rhonya, this is delicious.」

「Thank you for your kind words.」

「Manager, I'd like one to go. Could you also help me make a booking for a birthday cake?」

「Yes, I got it.」

Cake sales had increased significantly. There were seven types of cakes prepared. Chocolate ganache cake, shortcake, tart, mousse cake, cheesecake, then raspberry mini cake and chocolate fondant cake. Of course, I made full use of the cherries in all the cakes. 
It's all thanks to the Lotos who helped me harvest lots of ripe cherries, that I could make so many cakes. 

「Hmm! So good! This cherry and raspberry mini cake is the best!」

「And it looks so cute too!」

「Thank you Lisa-san and Katie-san.」

The two seated at the bar counter are regulars of the cafe. I gave thanks for their praise. Come to think of it, the event is way more popular than I had expected. I wonder if I would be able to save some cake for Chise-san and the others. While I was feeling a little anxious, the morning shift had ended and I managed to take a breather. 

From now till lunchtime, there were basically no customers. Since the Beastmen squad usually comes in the afternoon and all the residents were afraid of them. 
I put away the dishes and checked the cake inventory. If I have this much cake left, I'll be able to see their happy expressions. Just then, I heard the doorbell ring. 

「Welcome!」

「Ojou! The usual!」

The first to enter was a dashing young man with white ears and tail. It's Ryuse-san in a half-beast form. His arms were out like he was trying to give me a hug, so I avoided them with a whoosh. Walking behind Ryuse-san were Chise-san, Sena-san, followed by Shize-san. 
(lilies: r/whoosh Ryuse ahahah)

Ryuse-san sat at the bar while the others sat at the tables and made their usual orders. A hearty portion of bacon steak for three. Latte with less milk that Ryuse-san likes, coffee that Shize-san likes and fruit juice for Chise-san. Only Sena-san who had a smaller appetite than the others ordered sandwiches and a cup of latte. 

I served their drinks before preparing the steaks. By the way, the juice of the day is cherry juice. I think Chise-san really likes it, seeing how violently he's wagging his blue tail. I began pan-frying the steak and making sandwiches during the intervals of time while between pan-frying. Once I served their meals, Chise-san started gulping down on his food. This too was a common sight.
I'll just take a break while they're eating their mains. Eventually, they finished their meal and Chise-san exclaimed.

「So!? What about the cherry cake!?」

Chise-san's eyes were shining.

「There are quite a few options......which would you like?」

I told them about the types of cake that were left. After thinking about it for a while, and replied 「Everything!」. What a wolf-like response. As expected of someone who loves fruits.

「I'd like to try the chocolate fondant cake.」

「Mousse cake for me.」

「I want the same as Boss, the chocolate fondant cake.」

Shize-san and Sena-san will be having the chocolate fondant cake while Ryuse-san ordered the mousse cake. 

「Understood.」

Upon receiving their orders, I went to the kitchen to pick out the cakes. I arranged all the cakes Chise-san wanted on a big plate. Once everything was plated and served, Ryuse-san said to me graciously. 

「Seeing all these cakes, it must have been hard for you to make all of them yourself.」

「It's fine, I had lots of fun making them with the Lotos.」

As I replied with a smile, Ryuse-san nodded saying, 「I see」 and brought a piece of cake to his mouth. 

「D-Delicious!」

Ryuse-san said with his eyes wide open and his tail tensed up. 

「So good!!」

Chise-san cried out with a blissful expression on his face, in front of a tart covered in cherries.

「This is great, this cherry festival is great!」

Seeing Chise-san so exhilarated, I couldn't help but smile. When I took a glance at Shize-san, he was enjoying his food quietly as usual. Sena-san spoke up like he was verbalising the inner thoughts in Shize-san's heart. 

「Really, the chocolate fondant topped off with the cherry sauce is delicious too.」

「That's right!!」 Chise-san chimed in. 

At that moment, I met eyes with Shize-san's amber orbs. When I smiled at him, he returned it with a silent nod. Does this mean it's good? Fufu this makes me so happy. 

「Ne~ ne~! Ojou!」

Ryuse-san called out while shifting to a bar counter seat that was closer to me. He then removed his gloves, detached the cherry stem and beamed at me. 

「Can you do this?」

He popped the stem into his mouth and fiddled with it. He immediately took the cherry stem out and it had been tied into a knot.

「It's said that people who can do this are great kissers——
(lilies: omg (///▽///) so not subtle)

Ryuse-san said with a smirk. Oh, I've heard people say that in my previous life. Is that a saying in this world too? Fufufu, this is kind of fascinating.

「This is easy! Hnn......hnn~......」

Chise-san tried to do it as well, but he seems to be having a hard time.

「Un. It's pretty easy.」

Turning to Sena-san, I saw him holding a knotted cherry stem in his hand. Sena-san had succeeded.


「Ah! Done! How is it!?」

Chise-san opened his mouth and stuck out his tongue to reveal a knotted stem. He had succeeded has well. 

Previous || ToC || Next


Christmas part 2?

Omo that last part!!  ⁄(⁄ ⁄ ⁄ω⁄ ⁄ ⁄)⁄

By the way, who do you guys like the most? (other than Rhonya hahaha)

wheeee I'm 100% team Laclain!! With Shize as a close second :] So far, I feel like he respects Rhonya and her personal space the most but wells... He's so deep in the friendzone no one can help him lollol 


Also, I prolly won't be able to do this double post thingy for New Year's Day (-。-; but I hope you guys had a great Christmas and here's to a wonderful 2020!! 


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

18 Comments

  1. I really like brotherly types like Sena and studious, caring types like Gray-sama
    I'm an only child so lowkey might be me wanting a brother figure

    Thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM ON SENA SIDE!!!!
    Tho Sena himself is Shize's Cupid... 🤦😂😂😂
    I found it really funny lol. Like, the whole world (beside Orphe and Gray ofc XD) is supporting Tenchou-san to touch Shize's mane, like, looooool 😂😂😂

    I also bet my $20 worth of net that Shize is expecting to be pet too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like shize and ryuse the most 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Laclain's pampering the most. When he brought Rhonya into his lap..! o(*////▽////*)b
    I also like Sena for his brotherly side and Ryuse for his charming and flirty side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy for the releases, but this cliff is too steep.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sena and Ryuse✨
    But Sena is so gentle and he is my type😊thank you for this present 🎁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shize is so top one on my list, he's my type of guy >///< and they're great together!! C'mon Shize, make a move on Rhonya soon💞 thnks for this great present🎁🤩

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definetely on Sena's Team (even though it feels a little hopeless with him being the captain of Shize's ship)~!

    On second place.....maybe Laclain? Though Ryuse's very cute too....

    Thanks for the chapters~♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on Team Shize with Sena as the Captain. We out here stirring the damn ship cause I don't think Shize is even on Team Shize because he aint doing a damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay... but I'm starting team Gray. LIKE WHAT THE HECK, HES SO CUTE AND LIKE THE FACT RHONYA MAKES GRAY EMOTIONAL IS JUST BOIII. I like the mofu mofus n all but.. Gray. likE WHY DID THEY HAVE TO HINT AT GRAY LIKING RHONYA, AAGGGGHHHHHH. My poor doomed ship

    If theres anyone I wouldnt ship with Rhonya tho, its gotta be Orpho, because he sounds like such an innocent adult with the formal way he speaks that I cant imagine him being ready for a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m actually interested in seeing this demon’s reaction to rhonya. It should be cute but I really am split between gray and sena. They both make me squeal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a shize team despite being well buried in the friends zone, I am in favor of him because he is the only one who has expressed seriousness with being the rhonya couple, Sena is a love but it seems that he is a supporter of Shize / Rhonya too

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if the demon is somehow connected to what happened at the school, trying to get her seperated from there person she loved? I like Shize since he is calm and considerate but also strong enough to protect her (even if she doesnt need it)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble reading since the text is gray?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like laclain! Sena and shize comes after him. Although sena himself is shipping shize and rhonya. XD

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post