Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-5



Chapter 2-5

Hellos

It's Thursday!! And it's Christmas next week I'm so excited :]]


「Let's go, Sena!」

Now that the story has ended, Ryuse rushes Sena to go look for Rhonya, but Laclain stopped them with his right wing. 

「There's one more thing you should know. If you truly care for Rhonya.」

「Tsk!......What is it?」

Since he put it like that, Ryuse can't ignore him. Ryuse decided to hear Laclain out now that he knows Laclain is not hostile towards them. 

「It's regarding the demon.」

「Hasn't it been sealed?」

「Barrier and sealing magic are not Rhonya's strong suit, but that demon is very good at destroying seals. This is a troublesome matter. Ever since the demon was defeated, they have been obsessed with Rhonya. No matter many times they've been sealed, they still try to escape to possess Rhonya. Please keep an eye out for Rhonya if you continue to frequent her store.」

Hearing that Rhonya has been targetted by the demon, the expression of everyone from the Beastman squad turned sour. 

「You said that it'll be easier to protect her if she stayed in the forest......」

「Hm, she probably thinks that the demon won't be able to find her. Rhonya seems to think that she can take them on herself, but that fella is clever and it doesn't hurt to be cautious. Gratia will seal them away the next time they appear.」
(lilies: well if he can't be sealed, he can always join Rhonya's harem XD)

Hearing what Laclain said, Sena thought for a bit and asked.

「......So what she's escaping from is not the demon.」

She's not hiding from the demon, but instead running away from an environment that constantly denied her. Perhaps, to her, that environment is more terrifying than a demon. Laclain stared at Sena and pointed his wing in a certain direction. 

「Rhonya is with Gratia, beside the honey tree. If you continue along this path, you'll see a tree with orange nectar hanging from it. You'll know once you see it. Run along now.」

Ryuse was ready to leave immediately. He asked Chise who was seated.

「Boss......is asleep. Are you coming along, Chise?」

「I'll wait here for you guys with Shize.」

Somehow, Shize had already laid down. He doesn't plan on going to look for Rhonya. 

「Hmm. Let's go, Sena.」

Ryuse and Sena left in the direction Laclain pointed to. Chise called out to them while seeing them off. 

「Don't do unnecessary stuff, you guys.」

Orphedoto and Laclain waited for Chise to continue.

「You should know that we like Rhonya. Do you plan on competing with us as well?」

After making such a shocking statement, Chise directed a pugnacious smile to Laclain. To which Laclain returned with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. 

「That's why you're beasts......」Orphedoto said while facepalming.
(lilies: what's the alternative to facepalming...)

「......Speaking of which, weren't you here for the napping spot Rhonya recommended? I'll bring you over. 」

Orphedoto recalled the purpose of their visit and asked. Chise was a little stunned and turned to look at Shize who was laying on his back. 

「......Wait a moment.」

Shize replied softly with his eyes still closed. 


3 The magician and hard work

—— What brings the busy magician Gratia to the forest. I wondered, with a smile on my face. Orphedoto didn't mention anything so I don't think he's the one who called him over. I heard that if you work at the castle, you'll be involved in all kinds of rituals. Since rituals require medicinal herbs and other materials, perhaps, he came to gather them.

「Are you here today to gather materials for your rituals?」

Gratia-sama slowly shook his head in response to my question.

「No, I'm here to visit the forest. Since I'm on vacation, I'd like to spend my time leisurely.」

「Hmm......to think Gratia-sama requested for a leave. How rare. After all, Gratia-sama is a workaholic......I mean someone who loves magic. Fufu, while it's nice to spend your days doing something you love, it's also good to have a break.」

I brought my hand to my right cheek and smiled as gracefully as I could.
......I subconsciously spoke like an aristocrat. Despite so, I think I spoke in a friendly manner. 

「......That.」

Gratia-sama was about to say something as he turned to look in a direction diagonal to me. He looked up to the sky and whispered.

「Raymond is here.」

「Eh?」

When I looked up to the sky, I felt something stick onto me. Something cool and soft. 

「Raymond......Hello.」

A creature that resembled a manta ray stuck itself tightly onto my body. It was a forest manta that had a flat body and travels through the air by wing-like movements. Its whole body was transparent with a gorgeous blue and green gradation. 
Whenever Raymond, the forest manta, sees me in the forest, he would greet me like this. 

「Could you come down Raymond?」

Raymond moved away slowly and gently floated in the air, as soon as Gratia-sama asked. Swimming around in the air while avoiding tree branches.
Gratia-sama changed the topic as he recollected himself. 

「Are you here at Orphedoto's request?」

「Yes, there seems to be a problem with my request for the Papies. So I'm going to meet them.」

「......May I accompany you?」

「Ah......Of course.」

I looked around and nodded. There were other companions with me, but I wonder where they went. 

「Actually, I came with some friends. I'll introduce them to you when we see them later.」

I briefly gave Gratia-sama a heads up. I think Sena-san and Ryuse-san will catch up to us by following the trail of my sent. So it should be fine if we went ahead first. 

「......Are they your new friends?」

I thought about Gratia-sama's question for a bit. As someone close to the king, Gratia-sama definitely knows that I ran away from St. Crisante. To start life afresh, in a town far from the capital. 

「Yes. Actually, I'm currently......」

「Ah, you should leave out the details. I can't lie to the King.」

Gratia-sama raised his hand to stop me. If he doesn't know the details, even if the King asks, he won't be able to tell his majesty where I am. While I don't mind telling Gratia-sama where I'm staying, ultimately, there is the risk of his majesty knowing as well. Should the King find out my whereabouts, I fear he will inform my family. I smiled and nodded my head in response to Gratia-sama's consideration for me.

「I opened a cafe somewhere. The regulars whom I befriended are here with me today.」

「A cafe huh......Back in school, I have heard of the reputation of your coffee and desserts. I also remember Orphe saying your desserts were delicious.」

Orphe refers to Orphedoto. The two of us had given them snacks on multiple occasions as a form of refreshment. I continued happily.

「There are lots of good people in town and business is surprisingly good.」

「......You seem to be having a great time.」

The muscles at the side of Gratia-sama's lips relaxed again. (lilies: teeny tiny frown?)
Perhaps he was worried for me since I left school after the annulment of my engagement.

He attends banquets as a court magician, but even when surrounded by women, he is someone who keeps people at a distance and doesn't so much as smile amiably when having a conversation. He is a serious, workaholic—— whose only interest is magic. I've seen many women bite at their handkerchiefs in frustration as they couldn't get him to spare them a look. 

The reason why we're on such friendly terms is because of our serious attitude towards studying magic. 

「......Gratia-sama?」

There seems to be sadness in his eyes, and I tried to find out why. 
Instead, I heard the sound of something approaching. As the rustling sound of the grass grew louder. When Gratia-sama and I looked in the direction of the sound, a bunch of white fluff popped out. 

They were small animals covered in a thick, pure white coat of fur from their heads to the tips of their tails. The numerous mofumofus ran around me and started climbing up my calf. My body was soon engulfed in fluffs. 

Gratia-sama grabbed hold of my flailing hand to support me. And like the wind, the small white animals were gone, leaving me covered in their white fur. My nose started to itch and I sneezed while covering my mouth my hands.

「The Ferris still enjoy making mischief.」

「That's true.」

A troubled smile subconsciously slipped out. (lilies: it's kinda like a frowny smile...苦笑 )
These small animals are called Ferris. They are similar to longhaired cats, and they usually run around the forest as a group. They are also known as forest kitties. It is their way of greeting, to run around the body and disappear like the wind. 

「Stay still.」

With a wiggle of his finger, Gratia-sama summoned a light breeze. Like a veil, the wind gently brushed across my skin, removing the fur left behind by the Ferris. 

「Thank you very much, Gratia-sama.」

After giving my thanks, we continued on together. 
Just then, a gentle sound could be heard from the trees overhead. Although I had thought that it was Laclain passing by, that doesn't seem to be the case since I didn't see any white feathers. Every time the branches swayed, the soft rustling of the leaves could be heard. It was a very soothing sound, like a lullaby.
I wonder if Shize-san and Chise-san are currently napping to this calming sound. I wanted to try......taking a nap on the fluffy forest ground too.

「Erhm......」

Gratia-sama who was walking by my side spoke up again as I turned to face him.

「May I call you......Rhonya?」

「Of course. I can no longer use the Gravizera name, so please go ahead, call me as you wish.」

「......Rhonya.」

Gratia-sama called me with a nervous look on his face. I replied with a「Yes.」
He looked down and scratched his forehead with his finger, mumbling「I'm not used to it.」
Since the first day we met, he's called me Gravizera-jou. While it may be awkward at first, I'm sure he'll get used to it soon.

「Rhonya......won't you address me without honorifics as well.」

I flatly rejected his suggestion.

「I can't do that. I want to give you due respect.」

I respect him. As a senior from school, as a mentor in magic and as a magician. Hence, I don't think I needed to change the way I addressed him.

「......I see.」

Gratia-sama had a look of pity on his face. Now that I think of it, my friend, Hansel, once told me to speak to him without honorifics. As we were friends of the same age, I didn't resist it. However, I can't do that with Gratia-sama. 

Hnn~ I put my index finger on my cheek and thought about it. Orphedoto calls him Gray instead of Gratia.

「How about I call you Gray-sama?」

At my suggestion, he immediately turned to look at me, but covered his face in the next instant and shifted his gaze. 

「Do you hate it?」

「I don't hate it......just, this......is fine.」

「Yes, Gray-sama.」

「......」

Gray-sama huh? I think it starts to sound better the more I say it. Gratia-sama, I mean, Gray-sama still had his face turned away from me, so I can't tell if he's okay with this. I wanted to ascertain it, but as I tried to get a good look of his face, we were enveloped in a sweet fragrance.

It seems we've arrived. 
There was a large orange tree with a thick trunk and branches that fan out like an umbrella. Nectar hung from the tree, swaying slightly when I reached out to touch the gleaming ambers.
This is the home of the butterfly fairies, the Papies. And the air surrounding it was filled with the sweet scent similar to an orange pie. 

When I crouched down, I could see a hole. I greeted them from my position and a Papy awakened. They got up from their bed, which looked like a bird's feather, and flew towards me. 

She was an especially tiny lady who had wings on her back. What a sexy fairy! Clad in a black leather suit, she had black hair and skin that was a tanned reddish-yellow colour.

「You didn't tell me it would be so much work!」

The leader, Mocha, glared at me and shouted in a shrill voice. She had orange upturned eyes and a black boyish cut hair. 




I couldn't help but blinked my eyes. 

「There are too many orders!! I'm so busy and tired!!」

「Well......」

I felt apologetic now that I know the reason for them going on strike. 

「I don't want to work anymore!」

「I'm sorry......you guys were living leisurely, yet I caused you to become so busy......」

Compared to the Lotos that happily come to help out in the cafe every day, Mocha and the Papies seem to feel differently. I'm really sorry for taking up too much of their time. I know the pain of not having time to relax better than anyone. I expressed my apologies to the other Papies that peeked out as well. Then, Gray-sama knitted his brows and said.

「Please wait. Since you've accepted the request, you should take responsibility for it until the end.」

「No, it's alright. After all, they had to harvest more than planned......Naturally, everyone would be exhausted.」

 「But......if that's the case, then isn't the Papies' help all the more crucial?」

「They have helped me enough. While business is booming and coffee sales are better than expected, I can harvest the coffee beans in my own time.」

I've been too reliant on the Papies. I guess we could come over in the afternoon, like today.  If everyone from the Beastman squad likes this forest, perhaps I could invite them over again. To take a stroll while picking ingredients. 
(lilies: are you walking your pets lollol)

Gray-sama didn't make any more comments. On the other hand, the Papies stuck out their tongues at him. 

「I'm sorry I made you work so hard. Please rest.」

I smiled and Mocha returned to her bed in the tree hole with a content smile.

「Thank you for all your help until now. The coffee made from the coffee cherries harvested by the Papies is very popular and has received rave reviews from customers. Many customers visit every day because they can't work without drinking that cup of coffee.」

「......Really?」

「Yes.」

After telling Mocha about the customers' reactions. She stood up with her eyes shining brightly.

「It can't be helped!」

「Eh?」

「I'll help you harvest them after all!」

Mocha spread her wings and flew in front of me again, with her chest puffed out. 

「Come on, everyone! Let's go!」

「That, but......what about resting?」

「It's ok! Just leave it to me!」

Mocha flew out of the tree trunk pushing the backs of her fellow Papies. The boisterous butterfly fairies looked as if they were dancing gracefully as they flew away. I was left in a daze, taking in the pleasant orange pie scent. 

「......That's a good persuasion.」

Gray-sama who was standing next to me said. 

「That wasn't my intention......」

I was just trying to express my gratitude, but it ended up giving her motivation instead. What a surprise.

「What to do......」

「Now that she's finally motivated, I think it's better to leave it to her. She must be happy to know that her efforts are appreciated by humans.」

「As long as she's not forcing herself......」

「Fairies are more happy-go-lucky than you think. They'll rest when they want to.」

Gray-sama offered me his hand and helped me up. 
Hnn, so does this mean......that the problem is solved?
Although things took an unexpected turn, thank goodness the Papies are motivated to work again. I hope they get to work at their own pace, I thought, as we walked towards the Lotus field. Since the opportunity presented itself, I wanted to visit the Lotos.

「......So, you're not overworking yourself right? Are you resting properly in this new lifestyle?」

Gray-sama seems to be very worried when he heard that my business is flourishing. 

「It's a little embarrassing, but I fell sick just the other day and couldn't tend to the store. I was reading in the bath until the water turned cold......But thanks to the herbs Orphedoto picked and the medicine the Lotos made. As well as the care of my new friend......Thanks to everyone and visits from my neighbours, I've fully recovered.」

「......I see」

While I felt bad that I had caused trouble for everyone when I fell sick, the care and concern from everyone made me happy. I unintentionally chuckled out loud from the warm feeling inside my heart. 

After leaving the Papies' home, we arrived near a large pond. It was a pond where the water was so clear, you could see the bottom of the pond and the beautiful aquatic plants swaying in the water. Suddenly, water splashed out from the pond. With a flick of his finger, Gray-sama suspended the splash of water in the air.

「How many times have I told you that you shouldn't pour water over a lady, Kevin?」

A face peeked out from the pond. It was a small pond fairy. Their skin colour was likened to the colour of frogs and their bulbous bodies resembled balls. While they love playing with water, only one of them would try to pour water on me, Kevin. 
Kevin turned away awkwardly at Gray-sama's reminder. 

「Hello, Kevin.」

I held my dress down to prevent it from getting wet and reached into the pond to pour some water over Kevin. He smiled and sunk back into the pond. 

「No, Stevie.」

Looking back at the sound of Gray-sama's voice, there was another fairy standing behind me. He's also a pond fairy and his name is Stevie. It looks like he was going to push my butt to push me into the pond. 

I did fall into the pond one time. At that time, everyone was frolicking in the water, maybe he wanted to play again. Stevie puffed out his cheeks and made his way into the pond listlessly. He played in the water then waved at me. As I continued on my way with Gray-sama, many other fairies came to say hello. 

While I was returning the greetings with a smile, I met eyes with Gray-sama who had a gentle smile on his face. 

「Gray-sama, did something good happen?」

「......What makes you think so?」

Gray-sama appeared surprised. 

「Because you're smiling......no?」

His expression seldom changes, yet he smiled on multiple occasions today. Gray-sama looked shocked as he covered his mouth with his left hand. 

「T-That......how do I......」

「You're enjoying your vacation right?」

「......」

「Am I wrong?」

While I watched him, Gray-sama's eyes widened and he pulled away. I wonder if he doesn't want his emotions to be read as he kept his mouth covered with his left hand. He raised his right palm like he was telling me to wait. He coughed 「Ahem」

Previous || ToC || Next


Thank you for your comments!! (。・ω・。)

Before I started, I thought it'd be fun to translate. I mean it is fun but I just didn't know it would make my eyes become (@_@) lollol I also didn't expect the research I had to do on various animal movements???

This story makes me want some fluffy bodyguards as well, but instead, all I have is a lazy westie that sometimes tries to eat my (guinea) piggies sighs

Also, do y'all prefer "milady" or the untranslated "ojou"?


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

23 Comments

  1. Hello! Thank you for the chapter!
    ahah, I had the same experience when I tried to translate the subtitles of a very long russian movie. (@_@)

    Since you're using the honorifics such as "sama" I would go with "ojou" instead of the english version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for ttanslation. I very like your translation. 🤗
    I would prefer "milady" rather than "ojou". I believe it sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your translation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi lady definitely. I personally prefer using terms that fit the setting. Since this is seems to be european fantasy setting the japanese terms usually pull me out of the story(except with terms that don’t have good meaning in english like ie. yandere). Also it tends to look more professional to me.

    But in the end choice is yours to make since you are the one translating this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the translation! Hmmm... That's tough. Setting wise, milady is fine as is but if you're going full Japanese terms like mofumofu on the sfx/translations, then ojou is fine too (at the very least, try to be consistent)

    Ohoh? Even her mentor is attracted to her? I'm fine with this! I was worried from the world building last chapter, the author portrayed her to be too powerful (almost Mary Sue-ish but we can also explain all her feats to her diligence to her studies + adrenaline + willpower), as of this chapter (it makes me happy and worried they explained the demon comes back later, yandere demon plz. No possession on our good girl, being possessive could be fun, at the very least, SOMEONE MIGHT actually make Schneider, Misano, her mother and brother suffer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Shize and he is my favorite, but Gratia reminds me of a gloomy workaholic from HnKnA and not gonna lie Julius Monrey is my number 1.

    Translation: Shize might lose first place on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I was looking forward to this! ^_^ Hmmm... I'd say milady. I'm fine with Ojou too tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the translation. I think I like the non-translated jou in this case, though that could be because I've gotten used to it and don't like change.

    And did anyone else think of Juvia from Fairy Tail when Rhonya said 「Gray-sama」?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought about Juvia, and I laughed a lot every time I read "Gray-sama"

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the translation! I've been looking forward to it.
    I honestly prefer Ojou because I like to know the honorific they use to affirm how close they are. Ojou-sama sounds better than milady.
    Well, plus milady sounds so cringey to me because of the neckbeards troupes and such. It just sounds really weird now;;

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have another "potential husband" in sight xD, the ñ cold man "Gray-sama" hahaha haha ​​is that it is impossible for me not to think of Fairy Tail with that name

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I prefer Milady tbh! That aside, thankiess for the chapter~ I was so excited for thursday to come >////<✨

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think... I prefer milady
    Thank you 😳

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer Ojou, I just think Milady sounds kinda corny, I dunno lol~

    Rhonya's harem is bigger than expected, but still Sena is my #1!!

    Who's your favorite Lilies-san?

    Btw, thank you very much for the chapters~♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your translation!

    Gratia-sama is so cute =3 I like him! I still don't know who I will shipp Rhonya with, could be Sena, Shize and now Gratia too.

    About the question: I think prefer "Milady" just because is a kinda european background story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the chapter!

    For me, I like it when titles and honorifics are left in Japanese, so I’d say Ojou, but Milady seems to be more popular so far... I’m fine with either, but that’s my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for translating!! It made for a very soft start to my morning (๑˃̵á´—˂̵)

    Word wise I’m good either way

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the translation!

    I like ojou more than milady since, as other people have pointed out, you're already using some Japanese honorifics and terms like 'sama'. Using milady would make it kind of inconsistent imo. If you do use it then maybe for the sake of consistency and flow it'd be good to switch 'sama' to 'sir' or 'lady'.
    Well, in the end I don't mind whichever you choose as long as you're happy with it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have no complaints
    Thank you for the chapters :D

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post