Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-3



Chapter 2-3


Hi

So I just came back from holiday and when I went to check the (supposed to be non-existent) progress of my blog, I found out that I caused some drama accidentally (ー ー;) I'd like to apologise to anyone who was hurt and/or offended by this. I just wanna clarify that I'm not trying to steal anything away from anyone. I just wanted to translate for fun for myself and maybe make my friends read it along the way. I thought that this blog would stay buried for idk at least a year so I could just do shitty translations and rants about LNs that I read in a dark corner of the web for me and my friends to see. Like I didn't go around trying to promote myself as some sort of replacement for the current translator. And the thing is, I couldn't even find myself on google before this.

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge of how this community works. I'm a one-man show. I have no editor or proofreader or anything. I'm like literally still trying to figure out how blogger and the whole google indexing works. I just thought it'd be fun to translate a story I am currently reading. I genuinely didn't mean to upset anyone.

I was quite hurt by some of the comments I saw though( ;  ; )but ok...

If shirotrans wants to translate vol. 2 as they mentioned they really like this story, by all means, I don't see what's stopping them. I have no right to stop anyone from translating anything or get offended (?) by their translations, it's not like I have the copyright or anything. I'm sorry I really don't understand why me translating vol. 2 is somehow taking away or infringing on someone else's "right" to translate it. Besides, I'm pretty sure they have a big following that really enjoys their work and would really prefer reading their translations over what I do here. 

ok but lowkey happy and highkey stressed about this drama because suddenly there are actual people other than me on my blog but like am I being cancelled before I even begin...


Though it was phrased as a question, it wasn't directed at anyone. Lexi continued to mutter to herself to organise her thoughts. 

「Is that the reason why she wrote letters like that?」

「Lexi? What are you talking about?」

Schneider asked Lexi who was murmuring and nodding to herself. She did not answer his question but instead, glared daggers at him. 

「......Whatever it may be, I will not forgive you.」

After that statement, the carriage fell into a heavy silence. And like that, without anyone opening their mouths again, the carriage arrived at Ronard's place. Rhonya's grandfather, Ronard, courteously welcomed them. Towards Lexi in particular, he gave her a warm smile and commented that he hasn't seen her in a while. But when asked about Rhonya's whereabouts, he slowly shook his head and said that he couldn't tell her where she is.

Lexi stood in front of the gates that were closed quietly, with a blank expression on her face. She didn't think that even she would be treated like that. 
Her expression darkened and she wanted to give Schneider another slap. While Hansel rushed to stop her. 

「Schneider! This is all your fault!」

「That's right! It's Schneider's fault!」

「Then don't stop me, Hansel!」

「But, you shouldn't resort to violence!」

Hansel tries his best to placate Lexi who was shouting. When she finally calmed down, she declared firmly in a hushed tone.

「If this is the case...... we should visit the Spirit Orphedoto. If it's him, he should know where Rhonya is.」

「That's not possible, Lexi-jou. Only the people who have received Orphedoto's permission may enter the forest, right?」

There were only two people that have been permitted by Orphedoto to enter his forest. One of them is Rhonya, the other is——

「I will ask Gratia-sama. In the first place, he was the first to sign a contract with Orphedoto. If Gratia-sama asks Orhphedoto, he may tell him Rhonya's location.」

The magician, Gracia. 
He was in the same grade as Rhonya's brother and graduated from St Crisante, top of his year. Due to his talents in magic, he now serves as a court magician in the castle. 

「Ah......about that, I've already heard......that the spirit didn't tell Gratia-sama as well.」

Hansel said awkwardly. Following what he said, Schneider added.

「If Orphedoto told him, the King would know by now.」

「......Then I'll just bring him to Orhphedoto's forest and ask him directly.」

「No......I thought of doing the same......but he's been away since yesterday, and it doesn't seem like he'll be back in the next few days.」

Lexi was stunned by the information she got from Hansel, as he tried to coax her in a panic. 


「He finally got a long break since he's been busy and worked very hard. This can't be helped, right?」

Despite that——

「I'm going to assassinate you, Schneider——!」

「What dangerous thing to say! Please calm down, Lexi-jou!!」

Hansel's efforts were in vain, as Lexi exploded in a fit of rage once again. 



Chapter 2 Spirits and the magician



1 Spirit Forest

Everyone from the Beastman Mercenary Squad was enjoying their after-meal cake and coffee. I watched them with a smile, but suddenly, everyone was alarmed and the air was tense.

Ryuse-san's eyes widened and his pure white ears perked up. His long tail was straight and puffed up. Rather than saying he's angry, it's more accurate to say he looked apprehensive. 
Chise-san revealed his razor-sharp fangs and had a scary expression on his face. Shize-san also had a sharp glint in his narrowed amber eyes as he looked at the windows. Although Sena-san doesn't seem as tense as the other 3, his eyes darted about quickly, cautiously surveying the area. 

Then, gururu...... a soft voice could be heard. While it can't be ascertained who made that sound, basically everyone was in a battle-ready state.

What on earth is happening? (lilies: me rn 囧) 

Just as I was feeling confused about the heated atmosphere around them, Ryuse-san rushed out the door at a speed faster than one's eyes could follow. Soon after the doorbell rang three times 「kalang kalang」, he returned and spoke in his usual tone.

「Ojou. There's some weird smell, do you know this suspicious person——

And then, Ryuse-san threw him onto the floor of the store harshly. 

「What are you doing! You rude man!」

「Ah? Isn't sneaking around and snooping even more impolite?」

Everyone seems to have noticed his presence and readied themselves. I anxiously tried to explain, but before I could open my mouth, Chise-san said some dangerous things

「If you continue pestering the manager, do you want me to beat you up?」

「P-Please wait! Both Chise-san and Ryuse-san!」

I gently offered my hand to the man on the floor.

「Are you ok?」

The hand that held mine had tree fingers that resembled tree branches. The pair of hands had a youthful green colour, dewy and cold. 
He slowly stood up. He stood at over 2m tall, and on his head was a beautiful white tree branch accessory that resembles a deer horn, which made it look like he's wearing a large crown. Glistening hair and beautiful peridot coloured eyes. 
He had a frown on his face, but that quickly turned into a smile. 

「Ah, my friend!」

In that instant, the strong refreshing scent of the forest filled the room. 

「Oh, my friend, how are you? Do you still feel unwell? Even if you've taken medication, shouldn't you rest a while more?」

「No, thanks to you I've fully recovered. Thank you for sending me the medicinal herbs.」

「If it's for my friend, I don't mind! ......But is it really ok for you to be serving such ill-mannered customers when you've just recovered?」

He looked at the members of the Beastman squad disapprovingly. While Ryuse-san and Chise-san were like 「Harh?」, all ready to fight him.

「Who the heck is this guy ojou!」

Ryuse-san asked while he wagged his tail roughly. The others were also looking at him with a hostile expression. With a rueful smile, I responded to Ryuse-san's question.

「This is the Lord of the forest where the Loto fairies reside—— the spirit Orphedoto.」

That's right, this is the Lord of the Spirit Forest. Someone who protects and enriches greenery. Where his powers reach, plants will definitely grow. This is a great spirit that can create forests even in arid deserts. 
Just now, Ryuse-san mentioned that Orphedoto had a strange smell on him. To me, it's a fresh, clean forest scent. but perhaps the Beastman's sense of smell perceived the scent a little differently. 

「This guy is, a spirit......? It's unexpectedly normal. I pictured something bigger」

「He's currently in a form that's suitable to blend in with humans.」

「Eh? This is a transformation? Wow! it's so bad!」

Ryuse-san laughed while holding his stomach. But that can't be helped. Beastmen were born with the innate ability to transform. Beastmen can transform into bipedal beasts, half-beasts which have both human and beast characteristics, as well as a human figure. However, spirits and mythical beasts would not be able to transform like them. Spirit Orphedoto spoke in an unfriendly manner. 

「Beastmen are so crude. Is it really ok for you to be dealing with customers like that!? Oh, my friend!」

To which, Ryuse-san responded by raising his voice. 

「What did you say, this spirit bastard!」

「Do you have no respect for spirits!」

「The only one I respect is Boss!」

「This is why I don't like beasts!」



Orphedoto said with a sigh.
The 'Boss' refers to the leader of the Beastman squad, Shize-san.

——Shize is our brother, our father and also our king.

That's what Sena-san used to say. Ryuse-san must feel the same way. Surely, the only person Ryuse-san can respect from the bottom of his heart is Shize-san.

「To have such loutish mercenaries as regulars makes me so worried. Why don't you close the shop and come live with us in the forest?」

In response to Orphedoto's invitation, I gave him a bitter smile.

「They're not loutish. And I don't plan on closing down the cafe at the moment. Though, I will have to trouble you if my brother finds out.」

Hearing the conversation between Orphedoto and me, Shize's expression softened. It seems that after confirming Orphedoto's identity,  he's no longer on guard. With his arms folded across his chest, he leaned his back onto the sofa and slowly closed his eyes. He seems like he's about to have his afternoon nap. 

Chise-san, on the other hand, was still very alert. He glared at Orphedoto as he coiled up. Sena-san looked to me with great interest, as if he's observing something. 

「......You seem really close to that spirit, but what's the relationship between the two of you?」

Sena-san's question made me very nervous.

「You also have good relations with the Lotos, which is pretty incredible as well. It isn't the norm to have such close relationships with fairies and spirits, is it?」

......Sena-san is starting to get suspicious. I've hidden the fact that I'm of noble birth from the members of the Beastman squad. Which means they do not know that I have signed contracts with the Lotos. When you enter a magic contract with fairies or spirits, one would need to learn the corresponding advanced magic. And you can only learn such magic at the school nobles attend. 

What should I say?
As I pondered over my response, Orphedoto simply answered.

「My friend, Rhonya, and I are friends that have signed a magic contract.」

Wait, Orphedoto! It'll be awkward when they find out I'm a noble lady! I panicked internally as I watched Sena-san's reaction. However, I couldn't read his thoughts from his expression.

Just then, Ryuse-san tilted his head, puzzled, and asked.

「What's a magic contract?」

「I will help Rhonya when she asks that of me, likewise, she'll have to lend me her strength if I require her help. This is a contract signed with magic, it's also proof of our friendship.」

Orphedoto replied with his chest puffed out with pride. 
If you say it like that, it sounds as if I can save the spirits. I added silently, as I tried to remain calm. 

「......Even so, Orphedoto only makes minor requests, so I'm always the one being helped. In the first place, I was able to sign a contract with the great plant spirit is thanks to Gratia-sama, who's an exceptionally skilful magician.」

「A magician? ......Ah, I see. Is your adeptness in magic also because of this person?」

Sena-san nodded his head, convinced after I mentioned Gratia-sama. Many talented mages eventually become magicians. Sena-san might have misunderstood and thought that Gratia sama is my teacher. 

「......Yes, he's taught me a lot.」

This is not exactly a lie, so let's leave it at that.

Gratia Amethyst.

He was my brother's peer who consistently placed first in a St. Crisante, a school where the elite gathered. And a person who graduated with the best results in history. After graduation, he went on to serve in the castle. It's only a matter of time before he becomes the highest-ranking magician. Gratia-sama would visit the school even after he graduated and gave me special lessons. Despite his busy schedule, he was a kind senior who would help clarify any doubts I had. 

To be honest, I thought he would be unfriendly to me. Since my brother always saw him as a thorn on his side and vice versa. I thought I would not like him as well. When we realised that we had misunderstood each other, we laughed it off. Soon after, our relationship improved and when the magic contract exam began, he brought me to the spirit Orphedoto's forest. 

By the way, the magic contract exam is an examination that St. Crisante has been conducting since ancient times. 

In this world, there are spirits, holy beasts, mythical beasts and fairies. They will make a [Request] to humans when the request is fulfilled, they will lend you their strength. Hence, while the content of each request may differ, as long as you sign the contract with, you can ask for their help. Likewise, you'll have to help them when asked. 

Once the magic contract exam begins, students will approach the spirits. Amongst the spirits, some will sign the magic contract once they receive an offering, so it's surprisingly easy to obtain a contract. When the exam is over, virtually all the students abandon the contract. Once the contract is signed, the spirits will make requests to the contractors as and when they like, which the busy nobles seem to find bothersome. 

While the spirits are generous and don't seem to mind the selfishness of humans, I still feel that people don't give them enough respect. Since you want to enter a magic contract with the spirits, then you should show them your sincerity. After receiving their approval, one should take responsibility and continue to build a relationship with them. 

Among the spirits, some like Orphedoto, have completely lost their trust in humans. Considering the fact that the contracts were only made to pass the exam. Naturally, it would be abandoned immediately after the exam. 

Gratia-sama had to visit Orphedoto for days to show his earnestness before he was acknowledged. So I too visited Orphedoto multiple times. Eventually, earning his trust and we signed the contract.

Until now, I still maintain contracts with them. Starting with Orphedoto, I've received lots of help from the residents of the forest. I will continue to show them my gratitude even in the future. 

「Oh right, my friend. Since you're all better, I was hoping you would accept my request. Could you hurry over to my forest?」

Orphedoto asked me with a smile on his face. Naturally, I nodded my head. 

「Sure. But could you wait for a while? At least until the Beastman squad leave——

It's currently still within the operating hours of the cafe, I can't just kick them all out, so I replied as such. 

「I don't know what you're going to do, but I want to go as well——

「Me too, I want to see Orphedoto's forest.」

Ryuse-san and Sena-san expressed their will to follow me, which caused Orphedoto to frown.

「Wha......then my plan will......」

「Ah? What is it? Is there a reason we can't go?」

Orphedoto's expression was becoming increasingly grim as Ryuse-san badgered him. If possible, I hope they could accompany me. I definitely hope that they get to witness this magnificent forest which is a sight to behold.  

「Can't everyone......come along?」

「Look, even ojou is saying so.」

「......I will allow it. But can't you adjust your attitude?」

We got Orphedoto's permission, albeit reluctantly. And I grinned from ear to ear. 

「Chise-san? Shize-san? Would you like to come along as well?」

Chise-san was still glaring in our direction and Shize-san was sinking into the couch. Chise-san glanced at Shize-san whose eyes were closed and rigidly replied, 「......I'll watch the house with Boss.」

......If Shize-san comes, Chise-san will follow him. However, Shize-san looks like he wants to enjoy his nap. 

I contemplated for a while and made a suggestion.

「Erhm, Shize-san, if you want to take a nap, there's a place I highly recommend in Orphedoto's forest. There's a patch of sunny grassland that's softer than a bed. So when you sleep there, you'll definitely feel better.」

Shize-san slowly opened his eyes and got up from the couch. The next moment, Chise-san's eyes were shining and he started wagging his blue tail. Almost like a dog that's excited to go for a walk. Fufu, Chise-san also wanted to visit Orphedoto's forest.

「.....Why did it become like this?」

I tilt my head at Ophedoto's remark and asked.

「Is something of the matter?」

「.......No, nothing.」

Although he looks very reluctant, it doesn't look like he intends to refuse entry to the members of the Beastman squad. In the past, I've also brought Lexi and the others to the spirit forest. 

「Do as you please. But should you bring any harm to my forest, I will not show you any mercy.」

His eyes started to glow as he warned the Beastman Squad. 
If it was a human, they would be intimidated by the spirit's warning. However, everyone seems unaffected. As expected of the fearless Beastman squad. 

Orphedoto spread his arms open and rotated them. His white haori turned into numerous butterflies that started flying around. The butterflies congregated in front of the door and became a pillar of light. 

This is a type of teleportation magic. By passing through it, we will arrive at Orphedoto's forest. Orphedoto passed through the pillar of light first. I briefly cleaned up the shop, locked the door and moved towards the pillar of light. But I was stopped by a hand that grabbed my wrist from behind. It was a green, fluffy hand—— it's Sena-san.

「Are you really going? I heard that there's a mythical beast that hates human in Orphedoto's forest. Even if you have a contract with the lord of the forest, is it really ok?」

I didn't think he would even know about this. My eyes widened in surprise. 
......I see, Sena-san's suggestion to accompany me was because he was worried about me.
I gave him a reassuring smile.

「That mythical beast is called Laclain. While he does hate humans, he's opened up to me ever since I helped him when he was injured.」

Apparently, mythical beasts don't approach humans unless the situation calls for it. However, I was able to easily get a contract with him because I helped him when he was injured. Though Laclain still hates humans even after signing a contract with me. He especially hates nobles.

「Ojou, are you a genius beast tamer?」

「Eh」

I don't know how to respond to Ryuse-san's question. Do beasts......include yourselves?

「Hey, if we're going can we hurry up?......Also, are mythical beasts strong?」

「......Please don't start any fights, Chise-san」
(lilies: I'm a little iffy about this part:/)

「By the way, is this safe? If we pass through this, it's a magic that'll transport us to another place?」

I felt something on my head as Chise-san's voice came from the top of my head. He must have rested his chin on my head. I felt like a large dog was messing around with me. Can I pet him?
(lilies: I wanna pet doggo as well!!)

As my heart pounded, the next moment, Chise-san was pushed aside by Ryuse-san. Instead, Ryuse-san placed his arm around my shoulder and rubbed his fluffy face against mine. 
(lilies: omooo catto!!)

Waaah!

「If it was ojou's magic, I think it'd be more trustworthy」

『It, it's alright, Ryuse-san. You can have faith in the power of a spirit. Alright, let's go」

The skinship with Ryuse-san made my heart race while I urged everyone to step into the pillar of light.

In an instant, the air changed. 
The light that enclosed around us slowly dissipated and a green colour came into view. This, was an extremely beautiful forest. With the sheer density of the trees, even the sky was covered. It might actually be more accurate to call it a jungle. From the gaps between the leaves, sparkling rays of sunlight were shining through, gently illuminating the forest. As the wind blew, you could hear the rustling of the leaves. It's a very comforting sound.
(lilies: I don't know the difference between jungles and forests (・_・;)

I took a deep breath to savour the fresh air.

When I looked back, the members of the Beastman squad were overwhelmed by the sight of Orphedoto's forest. Ryuse-san, Sena-san, Chise-san's jaws dropped. Even the poker-faced Shize-san had a surprised expression on his face. 

The lord of this forest, Orphedoto sat on a thick branch of a large tree, waiting for us. His feet that resembled the roots of a tree hung loosely. Satisfied by the Beastman squad's reaction, he couldn't help but smile proudly. I too, smiled at the sight. 

「Welcome to my forest.」

Orphedoto welcomed the Beastman squad. 

Previous || ToC || Next


By the way, thank you for the feedback!! I will try to edit my grammar and correct the use of vocab when I'm done translating all the chapters. If you find anything I can improve on do leave a comment below. 

peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

32 Comments

  1. Thank you very much for the translation, I like them to be long, do not feel bad about what some people can say, in my case I read both translations, I like the story so much that I read it twice, there are some people who are offended by everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, thank you very very very much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you so much, thanks for your translations

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited!! Thank you for your translations! I hope all the drama doesn't disencourage you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you shouldn't feel bad about it, you made a mistake that's all, you have my support for your translations, thank you for the hard work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much thank you.
    ALSO jungles tend to be masses of overgrown vegetation and trees in a warmer or tropical climate whereas forests tend to mostly just be trees in colder climates
    Since your note said you didn't know I felt like helping you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for translating this story. I love it so much. Its my favorite webnovel!
    Don't be sad about what other people write about. For me, I don't care who is translating the story as long as I am able to read it. And you are doing it for free in your free time. I couldn't be more thankful for that and thats why I'll send you lots of Love from me <3.
    My english could be better too (I am German) so I don't even see any mistakes in your translation haha. Keep up the good work and as always I can't wait for more <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling, now that you know, you should have talk with Shirotrans privately to make up for lost courtesy when you picked up the series. Shirotrans explicitly stated they don't want drama, so they should be open for communication (although their intention is already stated; to just transate vol 3 since you've taken vol 2). But as I said, just make u for lost courtesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, better clear up any misunderstanding ASAP before it turns sour.
      on the other hand, us beggars can't be chooser, we just enjoy whatever available.

      Delete
  9. Hey it’s all right. The only thing I want to say is about one line you said up there: “I don't see what's stopping them.” It’s just out of consideration for you, I believe, that shirotrans doesn’t want to overlap translations with you, as it might somehow invalidate your translations (even if you don’t see it that way). But yeah, as Dwike said, I totally think you should reach out to shirotrans and maybe work things out together. I hope you don’t get too down by all the mean comments and drama people are stirring out of one simple mistake.
    And finally, thank you for taking the time and effort to translate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update!!
    I love it cause it's a long read
    Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the updates! Don't feel too bad about making mistakes, everybody does, it happens. I for one am over the moon that I get to read such long updates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for translating!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thx for the new chapter 🌸 Just wanted to say I truly appreciate your works as well as Shirotrans' so I read both of your translations. For grammars and all, it's normal to make mistakes and you're amazing to have done all the translations by yourself. (I've tried to do that once & I literally just dropped out cuz it was too much for my poor brain lol)

    Take care of yourself 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly I didn’t know there were rules or etiquette around translating things that were in progress. I think it’s understandable that you wouldn’t know. Ultimately the only person who owns content is the author. If more than one person chooses to interpret it I think that’s ultimately to the benefit of the community. As a reader, I enjoy shiro’s translations, and I enjoy yours! I hope you will both continue. Thanks for this chapter, it was fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this story from shirotrans, but I like your translation (and I like translation shiro). Don't worry and don't read evil comments. Thank you for translation.
    p.s. Sorry for my english

    ReplyDelete
  17. First off thanks for the great and speedy translations! Like others have said, I wanted to reiterate that as readers we all appreciate the translations. However, shirotrans started translating the series in good faith and also takes out their personal time to translate. As you've seen personally, translating is hard work and oftentimes goes unappreciated. Fans will abandon translators for speedier translations which is very vexing and sad. More often than not, bots and other sites will steal their translations and make money off of them from ads and whatnot while the original translators will be translating for free or like you to share their love for the story. Moreover, many translators abandon their series because of such drama and nobody wants that. It's very damaging to their mental and emotional health as well. Shirotrans seems very open and has been trying to decrease the drama by saying that they're willing to work something out and start translating from vol 3. This means that shirotrans is open to discussion and possible collaboration WITH YOU and has reached out a hand to you. But of course this means nothing if you don't reciprocate the good faith and reach back out to shirotrans and discuss what to do with the series. I don't mean to condemn you, but I just wanted to let you know of the hardships that translators face. As you are starting out, you may not know of such hardships and it's okay as long as you look back and reflect on your mistakes to EDUCATE YOURSELF on the translator community and their rules since you are now part of it. The common courtesy for picking up current translations is to wait for 6 months and to reach out to the current translator. If there's permission from the original translator before the 6 month period, then everything works out and you can pick up the series. This is stated on novelupdates. A reason for this is that many current translators are doing translations as a hobby in addition school, work, and their real life stuff. Their translations are their work and they hold the rights to that. Oftentimes, they'll have a stockpile of translations for releasing on a schedule or just to help with the quality of translations. They then find editors to fix the grammar and whatnot to make sure the story flows and that things aren't lost in translations. For example, shirotan may have already started on translating vol 2 and was fixing up the grammar and editing the chapters only to come back to find that all the hard work was done for essentially nothing because you already released vol 2. You're both doing great work and want to share the translations to further the story for readers. Shirotan wants to share the love for this story as well but it's disheartening to find that others undermined their hard work and that the fans they believed in has been "stolen away" along with their work (But of course then those aren't true fans but leecher readers who are finicky and don't care who translates as long as they have something to read.) I just want you to imagine for yourself how you would feel if you released vol 2 ch 4 and 5 after someone else, a new translator called....F, swoops in and says I'm sharing my love for the story and was too anxious to wait for translations. Your hard work translating may seem unappreciated. Sure, loyal fans will stay and read both or even all translations but they are a minority and eventually, the "drama" and hard work translating will take a mental and emotional toll on you. It's much easier to just read it for your own pleasure without having to translate for others. This is when translators drop series and become too disappointed to continue to translate which is sad for everyone. Who remembers the original translators then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a little harsh with that bold educate yourself... As an old translator myself, I would get mad when another group just suddenly swooped in and translated my stuff but only because they did so with an intent to "gain" a popular manga. Instead of using their resources to translate a new manga they wanted to gain more fame and recognition from a popular manga I was translating. Ughh.. Old memories, one of the reasons I stopped translating, too much drama. Btw this was in the Spanish manga community.

      Anyway, the reason for him translating this light novel was not out of any malice intentions, so you shouldn't go to harshly on him/her. He/she has already learned. Also, just an advice, use paragraphs, makes it easier to read.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  18. Something else to think about as a new translator is that some translators have given up their real life jobs to continue translating even though it's hard. But they do this because they love their translation work and have a better sense of fulfillment from doing this than their jobs and it's very commendable. They rely on donations, ad revenues and the support of patreon members to continue to be able to support themselves. So as a translator you'd have to watch out to please please not take over any translations arbitrarily without reaching out beforehand. Like you said, copyrights belong to the original author and so you should be mindful if you decide to continue translations. Some groups like wuxiaworld have an agreement with the authors. Others like webnovel will just arbitrarily take over translations and make it an "official translation" by stealing the translations and/or forcing current translators to work for them if they want to keep their translations.

    I just want to say that translations aren't and shouldn't be a competition of who releases the fastest. It's hard enough as a translator and the translator community needs the support of everyone. If you need a place to start, browse the novelupdates forum or start a post. The translator community is pretty nice and hopefully someone can teach you the ropes and rules of translating. Sorry for the long rant and post. I wasn't even going to say anything at first but just thought you should know. I can't determine your actions but I hope this post can help you and anyone else readung it be more mindful in the future =). Of course, thanks for your translations! Reading about Rhonya always brightens my day (but I only hope that it isn't at the expense of others).

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you for the update! I really love this story!!
    Screw Schneider though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the translation. shirotan as stated on their blog that they will work on Vol. 3 since updates are already slow due to being busy. You working on Vol. 2 helps shift some of the burden. They also asked that we should all be respectful as we are all just fans of the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As a lot of people already told you, you should have at least asked! That said, you seem really nice and your translations are pretty good!
    Thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Basically what everyone is trying to say is the etiquette of not double translating stems from translator's dedication to the novels and "taking away" the readers from the other translators. You seem to be doing this for fun and I really respect that considering how much time you probably put into this. I love this story and I really enjoy your translations. Who the f*** cares if there are grammar mistakes, I'll be here to read the story as long as you are translating it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your work!!! I really appreciate the effort you put into this :) I'm not too familiar with the rules of this community but I was super happy to see that you had put out volume 2! Still confused on what's happening now. You're going to continue volume 2 but volume 3 will be continued by the other party? I hope that another series catches your attention and you will continue translating! I would love to read anything else put out by you! Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Um, if there were grammar mistakes there weren't many and it wasn't noticeable. These translations have been great so far so if you end up feeling like dropping this due to drama, you shouldn't hesitate to take up another novel since you're doing a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't even mind those comments of people that gets offended by everything. You are translating something you like, in your free time and without help. Even if you had help, it doesnt change the fact that you are free to do whatever you want and dont need to give apologies or explanation to anyone. If the people translating the other chapters gets mad because you are doing the same its stupid. Making translations it's like any other job or activity, no one has the rights to make a monopoly of them and it should keep that way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Did they mean jungle or rainforest? A jungle is tropical, you have tropical rainforests, yet there's also temperate rainforests. A temperate rainforests would be like the redwoods and giant tracts of forest in North America and canada.
    From the story I thought it was set in a temperat e climate but I guess detail of the forest will be made clearer in other chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry they you are getting hounded by idiots. Like you, I don't understand why there can't be double translation. It's not like either of you are getting paid. And since the other translation group has a big fan base, they wouldn't have lost any fans. And I want to know, who is the idiot that posted your unofficial translation in Novel Update.
    Seriously, I hate ungrateful people like your commenters. Geez, just move the fuck on if you prefer other translation.
    You people are just disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your commentary is cute and so are your translations,as long as you are having fun i say go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post