Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-1


Chapter 2-1




Chapter 1 Seekers


1 A normal day in the cafe

To live a laid-back life. 
That was my wish from my previous life.
In my next lifetime, I wish to live more leisurely, to make more happy memories. 
It had always been my wish to lead a happy life. 
But as I look back on my past life, it was one filled with pain. And in those pain-filled days, happy times were scarce. 
In that suffocating, stressful world, I eventually reached my limit and drew my last breath.

Before I knew it, I had reincarnated as someone else. I had been reincarnated as a character from an online novel that I read before my death, the villainess. A character who had her fiancée taken from her by the novel's main character. Someone who was described as conniving and evil. 

In this life, I am known as Rhonya Gavizera. And the life of this noble lady, Rhonya, was even more hectic than my previous life. 

For as long as I can remember, my time was packed with lessons. Life was so hectic and suffocating, I could barely breathe. 

If this were to continue, history would repeat itself. 

Even so, I was determined to persevere on and power through this tiring life as I had Ojii-sama and Schneider by my side. Ojii-sama, the only person in that family who treated me kindly, and Schneider, the fiancée who told me, 「Let's fall in love」. 
Perhaps, there was a different ending from the one written in the story waiting for me. 

But alas, that small speck of hope was suddenly reduced to nothingness. 

After enrolling into St. Crisante, the stage set in the novel, as the male lead of the novel, Schneider met Misano-jou and bit by bit, things started to change. I was to have my fiancée stolen and forced to leave school, as per the developments in the story. 

Hence, I decided to just accept my fate and give up on my love for Schneider. 
After escaping the Gravizera house......

I moved far away from the capital, to a border town located at the south-east of the capital ——Domuskasa, and opened a small cafe. This cafe is called Cafe Mattari. In this town, I finally get to live the life I could only dream of. This really is just like a dream.

As I gently caress the page I had just finished reading, I could not help but smile. Suddenly, someone called out to me from the side.

「What what are you laughing at Rhonya-jou?」

A pure white cheetah, turned his whole body on the bar counter stool to face me. This is Ryuse-san, a Beastman. He is currently in a half-beast form which is a combination of beast and human features.

Clear white, yet cool hair, pale blue eyes, slender long legs that are just like that of a model and a narrow waist, this is a sparkling prince-like handsome man. But do not be deceived by his good looks, this man is a mercenary. 

Ryuse's long snow-white tail was lightly swaying on top of my knees. Such an adorable action made me smile even wider, as a voice came from the other side.

「Was there a funny scene in the book」

Turning my line of sight in the opposite direction to meet the eyes of the Jackal, also in a half transformed state. This is a Beastman, Sena-san.

Perked-up ears and jade green hair, as well as dark green eyes. Despite the petite stature and delicate physique of this man, he was also a mercenary. 

Just like Ryuse, Sena puts his tail on my knees and gently sways it. 

「It's nothing, I just felt happy to be able to relax like this.」

I answered Sena-san's question frankly. Time spent with them was very relaxing to me. Though I do feel a little guilty as it was still within the working hours in the cafe. I turned my vision towards the pure black lion and blue wolf seated at the tables. The two were silently enjoying their steak, also in a half-beast form.

The pure black lion is Shize-san. He is muscular and tall and looks very dignified.
The blue wolf is Chise-san. He is as tall as Shize-san and when he opened his mouth, you could see his sharp canine teeth.
These are the members of the Beastmen Mercenary Squad. They are also regular customers of Cafe Mattari. In the afternoon there would be no customers other than them, it is basically as if the whole shop was reserved for them. Since they told me, 「Let's relax together」, I started to read my book......

But I cannot focus on reading my book at all, I keep getting distracted by the fluffiness on my knees!

As a proof of friendship, Beastmen enjoy the practice of nuzzling with one another. However, such interaction with the opposite gender, as I thought makes a human-like me feel very shy, so I wish the limit the amount of skinship. Though I do usually enjoy the tail and toe beans - the me who gave in to the temptation of the mofumofu, quietly closed my book and placed gently placed my hand on the tails. Ryuse san's tail is snow white and soft. While Sena san's tail is fluffy and voluminous. Each has its own charm and are amazing to touch. 
As I was feeling content from touching their tails, a voice came from the tables.

「You guys......that's it! I want to cuddle as well!」

 Chise-san angrily pounded on the table with a bang. He seems to have finished eating his steak. Come to think of it, I have yet to pet Chise-san. By the way, Shize-san has allowed me to touch his glossy fur and puffy paws before. 

「Then, can I brush your tail, Chise-san's?」

Chise-san is too wild compared to the other three. The fur on his tail seems to be very stiff. I have long wanted to tidy up his tail. Please most definitely allow me to brush that tail. As I asked excitedly, Chise-san started to choke on his words.

「Ehh...... I don't want that.」 

Which followed with him shrinking away, hugging his tail as if to hide it. So brushing is not acceptable huh. What a pity.  

「Just let her brush you, Chise.」

Ryuse said jokingly, to which Chise agitatedly replies. 

「NOOO!」

「Hah...... I have been telling you for a long time Chise, you need to properly brush your fur every day.」

「I- I do!」

「Lies.」

Sena-san stated as he shrugged his shoulders. It feels as if like a parent who has seen through their kid who refuses to brush their teeth. Their interaction is so comical, I could not help but try to stifle a laugh by covering my mouth with my hands.

「Ne~ ne~ ojou~ What type of man does ojou like?」

Suddenly, Ryuse glanced at her face innocently. Pleased with himself, he stared at her with his big blue eyes. 

「Ryuse......」

Sena-san said in a reproaching manner. When I lifted my head, Chise-san appeared sulky but had a meaningful smile on his face. 

「Sena is different ne~ Sena is about the same height as most girls. As expected, you prefer cool guys right?」

Indeed, I am wearing a pair of high-heeled shoes today, so we are of similar height. However- 

「I have heard that tall men are attractive. I guess its one of the elements that many love. But for me, I feel that having a good personality is enough. Sena-san is very cool.」

A few days ago when I caught a cold, it was Sena-san who carried me to my room and took care of me. At that time, he was very charming. This calm, gentle and patient man.


I smiled to comfort Sena-san, while they were stuck in a staring match. Sena broke eye contact and reached for his cup, and took a sip of his latte. 

「Is that so......」

Sena-san whispered as he rose from his seat and walked towards the tables. It was then that I realised that Shize-san was done with his steak. 

「Oh, Shize-san this is after-meal coffee.」

I removed the plate and headed for the kitchen. I placed the plate in the sink, made a cup of black coffee and returned to the store. Shize-san accepted the coffee silently. 

「Me, me! What about me?」

Ryuse-san stood up and approached me. I was surprised, I did not understand what he was talking about 

Ryuse-san, would you like a drink as well?
As I tilted my head in confusion, Ryuse-san seemed really impatient and exclaimed.

「Ah geez, honestly! Rhonya-jou please tell me honestly, who do you think is the most good-looking!」

Eh...... who I think is the most good-looking man...... amongst them? 

Everyone from the Beastman squad's line of sight was concentrated on me. 

「Hmm~」 I wonder.

The most handsome man in the Beastman squad. As a man, the most attractive person. I heard from the ladies that Ryuse-san is the most popular Beastman. As Beastman can transform to look like humans, and Ryuse-san is slender like a model, charming like a prince. Though, once they realise that he is a Beastmen, they immediately run away. Beastmen who were naturally strong are feared by people for that strength. 

「......Manager, didn't you mention before that Ryuse was your type? 」

Chise commented a little grumpily, while Ryuse flicked his tail irritably.

「That I know. What I'm interested in is who she wants to date!」

Ah ah, so that was what he was asking. Hmm, this question is a little hard. 
I did comment that 「Ryuse-san is very handsome」, but that is just speaking objectively. 

「......I just had my heart broken. I don't plan on dating anytime soon, so even if you ask me who I want to date, I don't know either.」

I am not ready for a new relationship. I can't even look at things like romance novels.

To the sulky Ryuse-san, I added.

「Though I do think that everyone is very charming.」

「Hmph! I don't need this lipservice.」

He is in a bad mood ne.

Speaking of which, a pouting white cat- Ryuse-san is so adorable. Even when he is unhappy, he is still very cute. Though, if he were to know what I thought, he would probably be even more upset.

Ah ah, I really want to touch that white fluffy fur.
If I stroked you, will you feel better? When you feel better, will you purr?
.....No, if I were to completely treat him like a cat, that would be too impolite. 
At this time, I touched something very soft. When I turned around, a lion's tail was right beside me.

The owner of the tail, Shize-san, was quietly drinking his coffee. 
......Just now, was that considered a form of skinship? Even the silent pure black lion Shize-san wanted a part in this......!?

Even as I stared at him unintentionally, his poker face did not come apart. The number one pick for both handsome and mofumofu would definitely be you! 

As I thought to myself, in the middle of the store, a lightly glowing circle appeared on the area in front of the bar counter. Little fairies jumped out of the circle while squealing sweetly. 

「wah~ wah~ wah~」

These are the lotus fairies, Loto. Little chibis with heads shaped just like a lotus bud. From their plump bodies were limbs that look like they were stretch out from a piece of dough (lilies: this is my own interpretation). They have light green skin and large peridot-like eyes. 

The Loto poured into the store, rolling as they entered. They proceeded to look up at us dazed. After a while, the Lotos finally showed expressions of shock. They scrambled around and tried to roll back to the light.  
Everyone from the Beastman squad seems to be surprised. 

The Lotos are incredibly timid. They are especially scared of Chise-san who once remarked that they 「look as delicious as macarons」. Since then, they have been afraid of being eaten. Although it appears that they have gotten used to Sena-san and understood that he is a good person. They even nursed me back to health with him when I was down with a cold. 

Even after the Lotos jumped back in, the glowing circle did not disappear. After taking a quick look, one Loto suddenly jumped out from the circle, scampering across the ground and 'pak' he hid behind Sena-san. He then lightly peeked his head out from the side to watch the scary Chise-san. ......As expected, they are still wary of him. 

「Hey, Loto. Is it really ok for you to be seen by me?」

Ryuse-san teased. Indeed, from where he was standing the Loto was completely visible. The Loto got another shock and ran to my feet, while being on guard against Ryuse-san and jumped up and down. I knelt down and scooped up the Loto with both hands. 
Sena-san quickly moved to my side and spoke softly to the Loto. 

「Did you come because you're worried about Rhonya? Thanks to your medicine, she has fully recovered yo?」

Indeed, thanks to the medicine the Loto gave me, I feel much better now. However, I do not think that is what they came for today. The Loto desperately waved his little arms, trying to tell me something. Desperately stretching his short arms, rubbing his head as if to gesture something circling the head......

I eventually understood. 

「Ah...... could it be that Orphedoto is coming?」

「Aye!」

Atop Orphedoto's head is something of a crown. And the Loto was trying to indicate this characteristic to me. 

「Orphedoto...... that's the lord of the forest where the Lotos reside- the name of the spirit, right?」

「Un, that's right.」

Shize-san had once asked me the name of the spirit of the forest. At that time, Sena-san was also around, he probably remembered from that time. 

The spirit Orphedoto of the forest. 

「The medicine made by the Lotos had an unfamiliar smell, was it something from this spirit?」

With regards to Sena-san's question, I tilted my head. 



「That...... my sense of smell isn't that sensitive, but it was definitely Orphedoto who picked out the medicinal herbs for the medicine.」

The spirit Orphedoto always smelled faintly of wood. Is he referring to that smell? Or does he mean the smell of the medicinal herbs?

Just as I was about to fall in deep thought, Ryuse-san exclaimed happily. 

「Heh, a spirit is coming over right now? I wonder what kind of person they are.」

I want to meet him. 

He might have heard of the Beastman squad from the Lotos, that is why he decided to take some time before coming. 

「Manager, rather than that, give me a serving of cake!」

Towards Chise-san's request, I could not help but smile. 

「Right away.」

The conversation on Orphedoto was done, and I took a serving of today's recommended cake from the kitchen.


2 Extra The former fiancée's mistake

——Throwback. In St. Crisante, where the elite gather, after the disappearance of Rhonya.

In Schneider's dorm room, a male student was yelling loudly.

「What happened!?」

The son of Baron Riley, Hansel Riley. Although he always has a friendly smile on his face, right now he is glaring daggers at Schneider.
While Hansel was someone who understood Schneider, he was also one of Rhonya's few friends. 

When Rhonya left school, he was absent from school to help his father's work. As such, he only just learnt of the annulment of the engagement between Rhonya and Schneider and even left school. 

「I heard that Rhonya-jou bullied Misano-jou!? How is that possible!?」

Every time Hansel shouted, the long golden locks behind him would sway back and forth. In response, Schneider replied him with a stern expression. 

「It's not just Misano-jou, the other ladies have also confessed that they were following her instructions.」

「That's impossible!」

「But there are witnesses.」

「What about Rhonya-jou!? Did she also admit that?」

「No...... she claims she didn't do anything.」

「Of course she didn't! Rhonya-jou would never lie!」

「No, she's a liar!」

Schneider was starting to get agitated, while Hansel could not believe his eyes. 

「W-Why...... why won't you believe Rhonya-jou!? Weren't you in love! Are you not supposed to be the one who understood her better than anyone and support her!」

「Rhonya betrayed my trust! She did these dirty things behind my back and lied to me!」

Schneider howled, he could not believe her anymore. However, Hansel was not intimidated and he grabbed hold of Schneider. 

「If! In that one is a million chance! Even if Rhonya-jou harrassed Misano-jou out of jealousy! Aren't you're supposed to protect her!! Don't you think you went overboard, to annul the engagement in front of the student body!! That's the extent of your love!? If it was me...... If it was me, I would have stood by her! If you loved her, you should have supported her at times like this!!」

Hansel lowered his head, as tears started to well up in his eyes. But the grip on Schneider's arms did not loosen. 

「It's because you were in love with each other, I-...... that I, Rhonya-jou......」

Hansel whispered under his breath. Schneider did not catch what he whispered and tried to get a look of Hansel's face. 
In that instant, Hansel suddenly raised his head, almost bumping heads with Schneider.

「Enough! I don't care about Schneider anymore!」

「Hey, H- Hansel!」

Hansel said his speech and left without even looking back. Schneider muttered to himself. 

「......Why are you even angrier than Rhonya herself?」

Rhonya did not get angry, she did not so much as shed a tear or cry and just left.

「......」

At the time, after the annulment of the engagement was announced - Rhonya simply smiled and left. Schneider's expression started to darken. 

As he was deep in thought, Hansel popped out from behind the room door. Schneider's eyes widen in shock.
Hansel trudged over and tightly grabbed onto Schneider's collar. 

「......Please, help me find her......」

Hansel pleaded weakly, as he snuffled.

「If I can't confirm Rhonya-jou's safety I won't be able to sleep at night. Please, go find her.」

「I- I get it. I'll search for her......」

For his friend who was about to burst into tears, Schneider could only agree. 

Rhonya's birth house, Count Gravizera House, manages a piece of land in the south-east, Fiosan. In that place, surely- as Schneider tried to recall. 

「Previously, for Social Studies, Rhonya was in charge of managing a dress boutique in Fiosan. Rhonya may have helped the staff, so they might house her if she looked for them.」

「Noted!!」

「Well, it's most likely that Rhonya's grandfather...... Ugh, hey!」

After hearing Schneider's words, Hansel flew out the door again. 
Rhonya was coldly by her parents and elder brother, so she would not ask for their help. The person who would hide her is most likely her grandfather, Ronard. However, Hansel left before Schneider could tell him this. 
Since I agreed to help Hansel find Rhonya, then I can't just sit here and do nothing. Schneider decided to look for Ronard......

「......Will he tell me?」

As someone who broke off the engagement with his granddaughter, Schneider thinks that it is unlikely Ronard would tell him where Rhonya is. 
Without bearing too much hope Schneider went to look for Ronard. And just as he had expected, his request was politely refused and he was urged to promptly leave. 




lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

4 Comments

  1. I don't understand how Hansel could still ask Schneider to go and help him find her...? And didn't she send letters to Hansel pretty much soonish to assure him of her safety + wellbeing?
    & thanks for the translation<33 I really enjoy the fluff this series provides me XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noo, why did hansel ask that low IQ ex fiancee to find her? :(

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post