Akuyaku Reijou wa Shoumin ni Totsugitai Chapter 1


Chapter 1 Prologue

EDIT: hihi so I just saw that someone else had also picked up Shoumin. I am dumb I know -.-
Anyway, in case of the start of yet another drama, I will not be posting any more of my translations for Shoumin on this blog. I do have a few chapters sitting in draft so if you wish to read them, you can drop me an email and I can share the link to the google folder with you :P


This is a common story.
I, the third daughter of a duke, 『Isabella Ali Rottenstein』have memories of my past life. 

In the previous world, I was a Japanese, 28-year-old single woman working at a call centre. Right now, I'm a 6-year-old villainess from the Roseria Kingdom, set in the world of the otome game 『Love☆Magical』. 

Un. It's just a common occurrence~...Like hell it is!!
Why did I reincarnate!! Did I die?! Why!?
Come to think of it, an otome game is a work of fiction, isn't it?
Isn't it strange that this isekai is exactly the same as a fictional world? 
And why was I reincarnated as a villainess, almost like it was pre-planned!!
Aren't there too many Japanese being reincarnated in fictional isekais!!

I cursed in my heart for a while, but I knew deep down there was I could do about it...
Once again, I turned my vision onto the person who triggered the memories of my past life. 

If we follow the normal template for the process of regaining my memories. I should have met with the prince I was to be engaged to or hit my head on a rock. But that was not the case. 

My parents had summoned a merchant we were acquainted with, to get a birthday present for my eldest sister who married to a neighbouring country. The merchant brought his son along and that kid was squatting by the merchant's wagon, watching a line of ants march.

I know him.
9 years later, he was a character that would appear in the centre stage of Love☆Magical』, the Roseria National Academy of Magic. 
Ursch was the son of a well-known merchant. 
I do not know his family name. 
By the way, he is not a capture target.

I repeat. He. Is. Not. A. Capture. Target.

Strictly speaking, he's just a supporting character. You could buy magic items that could aid in events to capture a target with points earned from minigames from him. 

In a sense, he's a mob character, so his appearance was not as well put together the capture targets. But, in my previous life, he was exactly my cup of tea. That fluffy, light brown, almost beige coloured hair. That meek-looking babyface. And those eyes that you couldn't tell if they were opened or not. Was this what they call squinty eyes? 
At first, I thought his eyes looked like that because of the soft smile that was always on his face. However, his eyes remained the same even when he looked surprised when I managed to draw a rare S class gacha item. So those squinty eyes were probably his default look. 

Kawaii~ He looks kind of like a sheep. Ah, I feel so healed. Love~

I started playing the game because a friend wanted to get an item that could only be obtained by inviting someone. I was not interested in any of the handsome capture targets, but Ursch-kun had completely captured my heart. He was the only reason I kept logging into the game. 

I would play the minigames, again and again, to collect points so that I could buy items from Ursch-kun. All just to see him say 「Thank you for patronising」 and a still of him smiling. Whenever I drew a 『Rare』 gacha, crackers would go off and Ursch-kun would say 「Congratulations~」 to me in his adorable chibi form. When I drew a 『Super Rare』 item, a still of his surprised face would show, and he would be so shocked he forgot to set the crackers off.
(lilies: this part is super iffy soz)

To see his various illustrations, I would cut down on my food money, just so I could roll more gacha. 

This game was generally free to play but had in-app purchases for special items, like playing gacha. 

I was hoping to capture him someday. So I threw most of my salary into the game, cutting down on my food expenses like crazy. In the end, my body could no longer support itself due to the lack of nutrition and I fell down in the apartment where I lived alone. In my last memories, I was so weak I couldn't even call for help. I just laid on the floor, without eating or drinking for two days...

Ah!! I know my cause death.
To think that I died from malnourishment and starvation!! In Japan! In the age of abundance!!
Well, let's put it aside for now. There's nothing I can do regarding how I died in my previous life.

However!! Isn't this a chance?
I've been reborn in that otome game!! And the real Ursch-kun is right there!! 
The Ursch-kun, who I cut back on food and savings which led to my eventual death, hoping for a chance to capture him one day!!
We're in the same world now!!
Aaah!! I want to take a closer look at him!! 
Ursch-kun as a child!!
I want to breathe the same air as him!!
(lilies: why do I feel like I need to call the cops now?)

Since I've made up my mind, I should get closer to him. And I inched my way to Ursch-kun who was squatting down. 

「Ne, what are you looking at?」

I know he's watching the line of ants, but I didn't know how else to start the conversation. 

When young Ursch-kun heard my voice, he lifted his head to look at me. His eyes looked closed (as expected) since young. Kawaii!
As I had called out to him suddenly, he looked at me incredulously (or at least I think he's staring at me. It's really hard to tell with his eyes like that.) Uwuuu, a young Ursch-kun was too kawaii!! Super cute!!

Then, Ursch-kun tilted his head to the side. Aaaaaaaah how could he be so cute!! I love it so much!
As he tilted his head in thought, his fluffy hair bobbed up and down Everything about him is so kawaii! I really like it all!

「...Ants?」

His answer was like a beat off. OMG!! Too kawaii! I really really like him! 
Moreover, his answer was phrased like a question. How can he be so kawaii?!! My heart can't take this! I love him to death!!

「Aaaaah! You're too cute!! I love you!! Please marry me!!」

I could no longer contain my emotions. Ursch-kun who couldn't seem to follow my sudden confession on our first meeting was stupefied. After staring at me, who was clenching my fist from the damage of his cuteness, for a while. Ursch-kun finally replied me with a smile. 

「Sure~ When I grow up, I'll definitely come to take you as my bride. It's a promise, ok?」

ToC || Next


Yayy another villainess story Ù©(˃̶͈̀௰˂̶͈́)Ùˆ this is so much shorter than reijou wa mattari lollol, no more 10 pages worth of word doc per chap bless
Do note that this translation is for the web novel.

isekai = another world
kawaii = cute

When translating this, I was reminded of how annoying Japanese web novels are to translate haizers -_- This book is going to have a lot more of my own freeform interpretations to hopefully capture the vibe zzz At this point, I might be even less trustworthy than MTLs lol!!

Anyways, please feedback to me in the comments below if you find any typos or terrible grammar, etc that you think I should change. Or maybe you think my interpretation is completely off lol Help me help you have a better reading experience ahahah what a tongue twister XD
Thank yous!! (˶‾᷄ ⁻̫ ‾᷅˵)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

You can support me by sending some love in the comments or through the button below


peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

4 Comments

  1. Is this the LN or WN? As far as I know, the LN is being translated by HaruParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m super hopeful you pick this up and stick with it! You did great with reijo wa mattari! I also don’t think that other groups translating might necessarily be continuing to do so since its been a while but I’m really excited about seeing someone who’s work I know take up the challenge. Good luck ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you^^ you can drop me an email if you want to read the other chapters that i've translated

      Delete
  3. Ohhh that's why the summary seemed familiar. I read the LN version.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post