Reijou wa Mattari wo Goshomou 2-10



Chapter 2-10



4 A relaxing toast

The flaming rocks raining down on the town were gone and the sky that was dyed red went back to its original blue. There was damage everywhere but the buildings that were on fire seem to have been extinguished. People were starting to calm down and fortunately, there were no serious injuries. My neighbours who were worried for me, since I was living alone, all came to check on me. 

「I was really scared. But it was way better than in the past......this is all thanks to the Beastmen squad.」

The baker's wife laughed softly. It wasn't just her. The other townsfolk seem to have faith in the Beastmen squad. 

「Are they coming? Those people」

「Yes」

「Are they coming to be healed by Rhonya-chan? ......Though I know you'll be fine, but you should still be careful.」

The baker's wife laughed off with a shrug and left the cafe. They have faith in the Beastmen squad's work and appreciate it, but that's it. They don't want anything to do with the Beastmen squad due to their fear for them. This was the general consensus of the residents.

I undid the barrier and returned inside the store. They should be coming soon. However, if they're tired, I hope they would return home and not push themselves. I briefly cleaned up the cafe as I thought about it. 
"Kalang kalang" the doorbell rang and I welcomed them with a warm smile. 

「Welcome.」
(lilies: awh too bad she didn't say okaerinasai :/)

As they peeked out through the door, everyone was in tatters. They smelt of iron and something burning. Even so, Ryuse-san still beamed at me happily. 

「As per our promise, we're here, ojou!」

Since he had pure white fur, the dirt on him was the most apparent. I helped to wipe his face with a wet towel I had prepared. I first wiped around the areas that were stained dark-red, then likewise with the dirt on his cheek. Ryuse-san got comfortable and started purring with his eyes closed. Ah, kawaii.

「Do it yourself, Ryuse.」

It was Chise-san who said it as he looked like he was going to push Ryuse-san aside. He took a wet towel from me and sat down at his usual seat. Seated at the table next to him was Sena-san who looked completely worn-out. His big bushy tail was drooping down. He took the wet towel, then placed it on his face and sunk into the sofa. Looks like Shize-san was the one with the most energy left. He took the wet towel and proceeded to plop himself down, in front of Chise-san.

「Beefsteak.」

Shize-san said while lightly wiping his face.

「Me too. Today will be beefsteak!」

Chise-san exclaimed as he threw the towel and licked his hands with his tail wagging profusely. 

「I'll have a sandwich.」

Sena-san said, after taking a deep breath. Since it's a rare occasion, let's make the sandwich with beef.

「Ojou, I want beefsteak too.」

Ryuse-san sat down at the counter with his long tail swaying behind him. 
After confirming their orders again, I went to the kitchen to prepare the drinks first.

「Ojou, it seems the damages to the town were minimised thanks to your barrier. Thank you. Take this as remuneration, together with the tips.」

Ryuse-san said to me, as I served everyone their drinks.

「No, I was just protecting myself, so it's fine.」

「As expected.」

Sena-san chuckled under his breath while Chise-san laughed throatily. Then, as I tilted my head, a black hand tightly grabbed hold of my arm.

「Take it.」

Shize-san said it so sternly I unintentionally nodded my head. 
......With regards to the remuneration, I silently nodded my head in affirmation. Only then did Shize-san release his grip.

「First, coffee.」

I tilted my head in confusion at Shize-san's order. Shize-san's coffee was right there. I had already cooled it down with snow magic so he should be able to drink it even with his cat tongue......
While I was still in a daze, Shize-san added on.

「It's a treat from me. You should have it now.」

「......Thank you very much.」

I went to the kitchen, made myself a cup of coffee and went back into the store......
Ryuse-san's towel was placed unnaturally on top of the counter. While he looked at me with an amused smile on his face. I went to remove the towel with a troubled smile. Underneath it was the hourglass given to me by my grandfather and the amethyst from Gray-sama. The hourglass had been flipped over and the green gem-like sand was falling. I gave the cheeky Ryuse-san a troubled smile and headed over to Shize-san's side. 

「Thank you very much, then, itadakimasu.」

After giving thanks, Shize-san raised his cup at me. Chise-san Sena-san and Ryuse-san followed suit and raised their cups as well. 

「To commemorate this fight we fought together, cheers!」

Shize-san bumped his cup with mine. Today, we fought together and won. This was a toast to celebrate that. 

「Cheers」

The others toasted in order. There was a warm feeling in my chest as I took a sip of my coffee. After that, I returned to the kitchen to prepare everyone's orders. Today's special menu, the beefsteak got a great reception. Chise-san's tail was wagging more intensely than usual. 
(lilies: clearly they are all french toasts kek)

I hope that they'll continue to patronise this cafe. Despite their slightly terrifying appearance, the Beastmen squad were a group of fluffy and wonderful people. I hope that this cafe could become a place where their hearts could be at ease. I thought to myself as I watched them boisterously dig into their food.

——After that, the Beastmen squad who had enjoyed their time here to the fullest got up and said that it was time to go. Shize-san dropped a heavy pouch into my hands. It contained the tips for today as well as the remuneration for protecting the town. 

「T-This, Shize-san? This can't all be gold coins, can it? I think it is......」

「......」

I carefully double-checked with him and in response, he had an awkward expression on his face. Once I saw his expression, I knew that the contents of the pouch were all gold coins. 

「I can't take this!」

「......」

「Shize-san!」

When I tried to return to the pouch to him, he turned away. Though I tried to get him to take the pouch back, it was pushed back my a fluffy hand.

「Hey, as I thought, this is better for ojou.」

Ryuse-san was the one who said that. He felt for something in his jacket and casually placed it on the counter. It was a huge, sparkling diamond. And there were ten of them.

「Here, why don't you take this instead.」

「Both are too expensive!」

「Eh? Do you want both?」

「Ryuse-san!」

Both Sena-san and Chise-san just watched on, amused by the situation. I was completely being teased by all of them. 

「We're heading back.」

Shize-san wanted to leave just like that but I hurriedly grabbed his arm. He was stunned for a moment, then he sighed. Suddenly, there was a fuzzy hand on my chin as a pair of amber eyes stared straight at me. 
(lilies: o noes my kokoro _(´à½€`」 ∠)_)

「......」

「......S-Shize-san?」

While I was puzzled by the situation, Shize-san gently squeezed my cheeks with the palm of his hand. The plump toe beans felt really good but the stares also made me feel really bashful. 
I've reached my limit.

「O-Okay, I'll accept it.」

In the end, I gave in unwillingly, to which Shize-san nodded in satisfaction. As he was about to leave, I called out to Shize-san from behind. 

「All these gold coins......could I use it to repair the buildings that were damaged before I could put up the barrier?」

Sena-san answered my question. 

「Do what you will with it. It's yours. You can't return it......Ah right, since a lot has happened today, we should be free tomorrow. We'll come again tomorrow.」

After he's said his piece, Sena-san left the store with Shize-san. Followed by Chise-san. Ryuse-san who was the only one left asked me with a grin on his face.

「Aiya, ojou. Are you not going tell me itterrashai today?」

Without a shred of embarrassment, I replied with a genuine smile.

「Thank you for keeping your promise. Please come tomorrow as well.」

「......Un.」

Ryuse-san nodded his head, a little surprised and left. After seeing them off, I started to leisurely pack up for the day. 


* ❖ *

——Going back a little in time, to when Rhonya protected the town of Domuskasa with her barrier. There was a pair of eyes looking in her direction. A man clad in evil black magic was ready to make a move. His mouth was lined with fangs that resembled that of a shark's teeth. And he laughed aloud, causing his mouth to be distorted into a crescent moon shape.

「Ah~......! I've found you~!」

The man dressed in black, with black hair and horns, was something known as a demon.

「Rhonya......I'll definitely get you this time!!」

The demon had finally found the girl he had been searching for. 



Chapter 4 Demon


1 Extra The ex-fiancée's regrets

It's been more than a month since Rhonya Gravizera was expelled from St. Crisante, an institution where the elites gathered. Lexi walked around the school with a grumpy face. A few days back, she had paid a visit to Rhonya's grandfather, Ronard, with Schneider and Hansel. When they asked him for Rhonya's whereabouts, they were politely rejected. If you think about it now, it was only natural that he would respond that way.

She heard that Rhonya's brother, Robert, was searching high and low for his sister who had sullied the name of the Gravizera family. If Lexi were to come into contact with Rhonya, Robert might find out. Who knows what he might do if he finds her while he was overcome with anger. It's best to tread carefully now. She understood that, but while she understands, she can't stop herself from wanting to see for herself that her close friend was safe. And so her anxiety and frustrations only grew by the days. 

There's another reason for her frustration. Many of the students were congratulating Schneider and Misano for getting together. 

「Stolen love will not end well. These bunch of morons!」

She stormed on along the hallway like she was going to stomp a hole through the ground. Schneider cheated, and his partner in crime had Rhonya kicked out of school. This is a fact. Yet, these irresponsible students painted Rhonya as a complete villain. They distorted the truth into a convenient story to bless Schneider and Misano, saying that they had found true love. 

Lexi couldn't stand it. Rhonya was born to Count Gravizera, one of the most powerful noble families. The Count manages the southeastern region of the capital, Fiorsan, and is often known as the 『Ruler of the Southeastern Royal Capital』. At the same time, people would talk behind their backs, saying that the Gravizeras were cold-hearted people. And as a daughter of the Gravizera family, Rhonya was betrothed to the son of the King's younger brother, Schneider. 

Many were afraid of her and would only watch from afar, or they would try to make connections with her, but none of them knew her true nature. That's precisely why, in this case, the students think that Rhonya is in the wrong. This situation was absolutely unacceptable. And Lexi wants to prove Rhonya's innocence. 

However, Rhonya does not wish for that. She had always wanted to quit being an aristocratic lady and she was finally released when she was expelled from the school. Although Lexi's will wavered slightly when she thought of Rhonya, she got herself back together and continued to roam around the school compound. 

She was looking for the group of ladies that always hung around Rhonya. Apparently, when Schneider and Misano condemned Rhonya, these ladies came out as witnesses to testify that Rhonya was a bad person. They claimed that they had harrassed Misano under Rhonya's directions but that was not possible. 
Lexi thought to herself that when she finds them, the first thing on the menu would be a tight slap to their faces. 

After some time, when Lexi was walking past a classroom, someone called out to her from behind. 

「Aiya......I was just looking for you guys.」

Unintentionally, her tone came out colder than expected. Lexi glared daggers at the three of them standing before her. They were the people who used Rhonya as a scapegoat. Their faces turned ghastly pale as they must have realised the cause of Lexi's anger. Lexi and Rhonya's relationship was well-known in the school.

「P......Please help us!」

One of the ladies blurted out, causing Lexi to frown.

「......Huh? What did you say?」

「We......please save Rhonya-sama!」

Lexi's eyes widened.

「W-We were by Misano-sama......we were being tortured by Misano-sama......We're truly sorry!」

The ladies apologised with tears running down their cheeks.

「We were the ones who harassed Misano-sama. But, Rhonya-sama was not involved in it! Rather, she was the one who tried to get us to stop time after time. Even so, we didn't listen and did it multiple times without her knowledge......」

「Mi-Misano-sama showed us terrifying hallucinations. Forcing us over and over again to say that the harassment was done under Rhonya-sama's order! We told her that it wasn't, but she wouldn't believe us......In the end, we sacrificed Rhonya-sama! We didn't want to be put through even more terrifying hallucinations, so we made false testimonies! We're so sorry! Really sorry!」

Based on what they were saying, they were looking for Rhonya as well, but to no avail. They wanted to tell Schneider the truth, but they were too scared of Misano and couldn't. 

「What can we do......What can we do to help Rhonya-sama? How can we make it up to her? Please tell us. Lexi-sama!」

They cried till they looked like they were about to pass out, begging Lexi. Lexi was stupefied by the truth. But even with the ladies pestering her, it didn't take long for her to reach her boiling point. 


* ❖ *

While Lexi was talking to the ladies, Schneider was in the reception room of the Royal Castle. The King called him in to have a talk with the other monarchs. There were two figures standing in front of Schneider. One of them was King Seighard of the Aladdin Kingdom. And the other was Queen Lunatiora of the Galasia Kingdom. They were both from different races, neither of which was human. 

Sieghard was a Jin, a fairy with the power to bless another with happiness. He's a giant and one would have to strain their neck to meet his eyes. He had black hair and blue skin. There was a pattern with the colour of deep blue sea tattooed on his arm and the pattern resembled a rose. 

Lunatiora was from the Elven race. She had luscious locks that shined like the stars in the sky and indigo eyes with little specks of gold in them. Her ears were long and pointed and her plump chest could be seen through her elegant white gown. 
Sieghard said to Schneider dejectedly.

「What on earth happened? For you give up on your engagement with such a wonderful girl? I was looking forward to your wedding. When Rhonya-jou was with you, she had such a happy scent on her......Now that you've broken up, how devastated must she be? Her heart must feel like it was ripped apart.」

Just the thought of it hurts. Sieghard pat Schneider on his head and continued.

「......But you must have thought it through carefully. It must've been hard for you. There, there.」

One look at Sieghard, you might think he was in his thirties, but he's actually lived for 500 years. He's a cheery man with a gentle personality, who could also be bold at times. Since he's a fairy that could discern if a person was happy or not just from their scent, he's someone that's rich with emotions. 

Sieghard does not know what went down between Schneider and Rhonya. Hence, it didn't even cross his mind that Schneider had dissolved his engagement with Rhonya in front of the entire student population because he was so upset by her betrayal.
(lilies: harlo if you sick go see doctor. but then again, even the doctor can't save him from his own idiocy) 

Schneider did not know how to respond to the kind Kings words. But for some reason, the King's words deeply pierced through his heart. Meanwhile, the elven Queen spoke up.

「So, what's your new partner like? Rhonya-jou is a wonderful person, who's as talented as she is beautiful. She's so kind-hearted that even fairies who were shy were attracted to her. Your new partner must be one that's so gifted and beautiful that she can purify the world with her heart. I wonder where such a girl had been hiding. Ufufu」
(lilies: YAS omg you took the words right out of my mouth!!!)

She rested her cheek in her hand with a gentle smile on her face. Though she spoke very calmly, the sarcasm in her words was plain to see. Schneider's expression hardened. Misano's hurdle had been raised to impossible heights. Not only was the Queen of the Elven Kingdom beautiful, she was also intelligent and strong. There were many girls who idolised her, even beyond her own country and her influence was far stronger than one can imagine. It was precisely because of that that he didn't want to be noticed by Lunatiora——
While Schneider was deep in thought, the Elven Queen's smile deepened and she said.

「Well, more than that——

She asked what kind of girl Misano was, yet she changed to topic before Schneider could answer. She probably wasn't interested in Misano at all. Without leaving a gap for Schneider to speak, Lunatiora continued.

「Where is Rhonya-jou now? Considering how cold-blooded Count Gravizera and his wife are, they must have cut all ties with her, so I highly doubt they would hide her.」

「Ah ah, indeed, where could she be? To be abandoned even by her family, how much pain and anxiety must she have gone through. I can't even begin to imagine!」

Suddenly, Sieghard joined in the conversation and it became harder and harder for Schneider to say anything. 

「Even you are treating her cruelly. You haven't met her ever since you annulled the engagement.....have you?」 (Lunatiora)

「How could that be! They've been together for almost seven years. He couldn't do such a cruel thing to her!」 (Sieghard)

「That right, it's just a minor misunderstanding between children. So where is Rhonya-jou?」 (Lunatoria)

「I want to know too. I want to go and comfort her!」 (Sieghard)

The Elven Queen's sneering comments and the Jin King's remarks that bore no ill-intent, deeply pierced through his heart. He sighed internally. When his uncle, the King, first called him to speak with the two monarchs, he didn't get his intentions. Now he knew that this was the King's goal. 
Right when he was about to confess that he was searching for her as well——

「My brother is also looking for Rhonya-jou with his blood eyes.」

The Elven Queen narrowed her indigo eyes and carefully observed Schneider.

Previous || ToC || Next


I shall not make the same mistake as I did before wahaha 
"itadakimasu" is untranslated and the meaning can be found here :)

Why. Are. They. So. Freaking. CUTE??? 

And like so many things are happening in this chapter ohmai The demon has found Rhonya boooo o noes my poor Rhonya à²¥_ಥ
And every time Schneider appears I just wanna go on a *ahem* rampage lollol but I'm also so amused that the king has a final fantasy character's name and is the king of Aladdin AHAHAH
(╯°Ð”°)╯︵ /(.□ . \) 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have a great day!!

peace lilies~

lilies

I'm a mega weeb who just wants to share some online novels I've read and maybe translate some of them to english along the way. I do not guarantee the accuracy of my translations.

14 Comments

  1. Thanks for the update!
    Demon-san showed up way too soon (So a shark looking man, eh? Btw, like the other scanlator, is it possible for you to do in a separate post HQ images for the volume?)! But I assume next chap is either gonna be Schneider centric AGAIN, Lexi solving the misunderstanding, or Demon-san's devious plans.

    So the reason her brother is looking for her is simply to punish her? The heck?! She already left the world of nobility, by their social logic and customs, that's the worst punishment she could ever get! Leave her be bad brother.

    Goodness, reading this and knowing what happens at Vol.03 makes me fume with rage because of Misano! I'm practically doubting her so called talents at this point (the one where at the manga Rhonya mentions she didn't need tutors like her and still stayed on top 2. Like, she's a Baron's daughter, right? Where could she get those drugs? Someone must've helped her! Otherwise, what a waste of talent, to go so far to steal another woman's man. Some heroine she turned out to be!)

    Loved the Elven Queen's TRUE intro. Hoping the Djinn King gets a small punch to Schneider (I'm confused though, he can smell emotions? Then couldn't he sense Schneider's guilt?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Ronia's brother wants to enact honour punishment on Ronia for shaming and disgracing the Gavizera name. Earlier content mentions him as prideful, so maybe he's the extremist who worships the family name above all and thinks anyone who dares tarnish said honour must be punished at all costs, even if its a sibling who's lost it all.

      Delete
  2. yes scold that cheated man xD
    thanks for update

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Schneider is blind as Fuck and Misano is just fucking petty. He never deserves to see Rhonya again in this lifetime or any other! though with the way the story seems to be going they will most likely meet again, but he will have a ZERO% chance for any of her affections. Also is the elf guy a new love interest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well. Misano is boned/terrifying?

    I adore this good cop bad cop thing that the queen is pulling here. King Of Alladin is one of those folks that make you feel like shit for not being able to be as good as they give you credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the update!! omg so much fluff to my mew mew yet angery too, and yeah wish someone punch the cheating b*stard

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Misano is actually one of those white lily bitches huh lol
    But Phonya!! Why?!?! Why you no say "okaerinasai"???!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I want to see him regret. Not just feel bad becuase of other peoples words but still think he was right. I want to see him know all that happened and realize how much pain he cause the person he claimed to love, who he knew was treated terribly by most of her family, but who stuck through it just for him who she trusted. Not only that, even if she had been a bully, does that equal wilfullying sendinging the person you grew up with and loved to compleate ruin? ug he makes me mad and I want him to suffer. ((Deep Breaths)) Ok I am finish venting. Can't wait for the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waaaah! Schneider is blind stupid bastard. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More!! I need more info on the ex-fiancee bashing!! This is the greatest cliff yet!!
    Not a 'I wonder what's gonna happen next' cliff or 'are they going to get together??' cliff. This is a 'I need more karma to be thrown at MC's haters' kind of cliff!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muchas gracias.

    Para empezar, sí el Rey adora tanto a Ronia y temen por ella, por qué no le dan una lección a su familia, especialmente su abuelo ¿eh?, además ¿por qué tienen que temer al estúpido hermano?.

    Por otra parte, deberían haber invitado a la reunión al imbécil del hermano de Ronia y a su padre para que escucharan las quejas de los otros dos monarcas.

    En cuanto a la verdad de lo de Misao, espero se descubra... es una arpía, en cuanto al ex prometido no tiene salvación alguna.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To tell you the truth, the only reason I'm reading this is to see the ex fiancee's regrets 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  12. F Schneider and Misano. PERIOD

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post